Chapter 30

Go watch the two episodes of Accursed by Fateless Knight on YouTube.

Also, there will be another secret au crossover being added, but there characters probably won't show up until Shadowstrike's Sacrifice, or around the end of this book.

________________________________________________________________________________

Darkspirit pushed his way through the bushes arriving at the bottom of the rock where Thistleclaw sat once again.

"You're late" He snapped, his lips pulled back, showing his teeth, and Darkspirit's eyes flickered to Maggottail and Snowtuft, who had their faces twisted in disgust.

Darkspirit flicked his tail and turned away, looking around for their expected arrivals, "You were once in love, weren't you." He glanced back at Thistleclaw.

His former Dark Forest mentor lashed his tail and hissed, looking away, 'Still bitter about that.' Darkspirit thought, 'Good.'

They sat for the next couple of minutes in silence before Sparrowfeather and Houndleap burst through the bushes and nodded at them.

Slowly, Shredtail and Silverhawk emerged from the bushes, followed by Flamekit, Tatteredkit, Sharpkit, Russetkit, Shatteredkit, Heronkit, Mottledkit, Tawnykit, Treepaw, Leafpaw, Bramblepaw, Blackkit, Redkit, Fallenkit, Wolfbite, Sizzleflame, and Hailcloud, who were being backed up by Talonclaw, Raventalon, Deathwish, Hawkclaw, and Hawkflight.

"Welcome." Thistleclaw yowled, bounding up onto his rock again.

"What is this place, and why are we here." Sizzleflame interrupted before Thistleclaw could open his mouth again.

Hawkclaw suddenly shoved his through the crowd, running his tail along Sizzleflame's spine, "Come on my daughter, you should know this, you are here so we can make you better warriors of course."

Wolfbite immediately jumped forward and shoved their father away from his sister. Darkspirit almost laughed, they were almost perfect images of each other. Both had muscular builds, both had yellow eyes, the only difference was that Wolfbite's fur was a little lighter.

The tension rose and thickened, it seemed like anyone could cut it with their claw.

"Now!" Thistleclaw snapped, cutting off anything the father and son were going to say to each other, "Each of you will he assigned a mentor, some of you will be put into pairs, do you understand."

Each Dark Forest warrior nodded, some of the newcomers agreed eagerly, some looked hesitant, while the last couple didn't respond at all.

Clearly Hawkclaw's words had effected some, because Flamekit, Russetkit, Fallenkit, Blackkit, Treepaw, Tawnykit, and Heronkit all looked eager, while some looked more relaxed.

"Flamekit with Darkspirit, Tatteredkit with Maggottail, Sharpkit with Shredtail, Russetkit with Silverhawk, Shatteredkit with Houndleap, Heronkit with Snowtuft, Mottledkit and Deathwish, Tawnykit with Talonclaw, Treepaw with me, Leafpaw with Hawkclaw, Bramblepaw with Hawkflight, and Blackkit with Raventalon."

Thistleclaw didnt move his hard gaze from the young cats, his yellow orbes were glowing with a desire, probably for the chance to rule over the forest.

"For the last ones you will be paired up with another, Redkit also with Darkspirit, Fallenkit also with Snowtuft, Wolfbite with me, Sizzleflame with Hawkflight, and Hailcloid with Hawkclaw."

Wolfbite was clearly still uneasy about his siblings training with their father, his cold yellow eyes glaring in the direction of his father, glancing between Hawkclaw and Hailcloud.

Darkspirit slowly got to his paws as Redkit bounded over to him, along with Flamekit trailing behind him, the two different shaded ginger toms looked at least a little eager.

Darkspirit barely waited for them to arrive before stomping into the bushes, flicking his tail, ordering them to follow. They bounded after him all the way to a boulder where he used to practice his battle moves in secret. The Dark Forest was almost like a replica of the clan territories, just darker, almost meant to scare you.

Darkspirit glanced at the boulder, it also had the scratches he had put on there moons ago, back in the real territories.

Flamekit and Redkit staggered into the clearing, "Wow." Redkit said, glancing up at the boulder, "Its big." Darkspirit ran his tail along the young cat's spine, "This boulder is in our real territory, and from what I've heard from the legends, it's not even twice the size of the Great Rock in the old territories."

"Wow." Even Flamekit couldn't suppress his amazement, and Redkit's jaw dropped, hanging loosely. He couldn't help but smile, remembering his own excitement about seeing the territory as a kit.

He shook his head, shaking the memories to the back of his mind, and he let himself drown himself in the thoughts of making these kits into fearless warriors, "Now..." and he trailed on about battle moves through the night.

His eyes flickered open, he was still laying out near the lake, Night laying beside him. He could tell from her uneven breath that she wasn't asleep but he still tried not to disturb her as he rose to his paws.

"I've got to head back." He whispered into her ear and she mumbled a response too low for him to hear, but she curled up tighter into a ball, and flicked her tail in farewell.

The cool, soft, morning air ruffled his fur, a slight chill reaching Darkspirit's skin as he padded back through the marsh, passing the boulder he was training the kits at in the Dark Forest along the way.

He trotted into camp, seeing Blackkit and Redkit fighting near the entrance, as he passed them he could hear what they were saying, "Look at this move Raventalon showed me, it's great for sneaking up and getting a good bite on your target."

Darkspirit smirked softly, he would have to speak to them about their silence of training in the Dark Forest, but he could also admire their enthusiasm as they tried their best on moved way to advanced for cats their age.

"Hey! Darkspirit!" The familiar kind voice of Scarface echoed in his ears as his friend bounded up to him, "Its Rockfang, he's waking up!"

Darkspirit remembered the amount of concern when Rockfang came back unconscious, Rockfang would sometimes stand up for him when Eagleflight didnt, which had made them closer.

The two toms made their way into across the clearing and into the medicine cat den, where Dawnstar huddled over his injured son, and Eagleflight stood a couple mouse-lengths away.

Rockfang was glancing around, his eyes blinking as if trying to get used to the light, or trying to recall his memories.

As soon as his eyes landed on Darkspirit, a cold sensation rushed through him, the familiar and satisfying look of fear was plastered on Rockfang's face as he stared Darkspirit in the eyes.

Hope you liked the chapter, tell me what you thought of it.