Chapter 11

I have to ship Mistkit and Darkpaw, just how much he loved her compared to everyone else... (this is by Riverspirit456 again, Mistkit actually has blue eyes)

________________________________________________________________________________

Darkpaw crept towards the apprentice, her eyes were fixed on the rabbit and she was trying to position herself so the prey would run into Skyclan territory rather than Shadowclan.

As she spent time trying to position herself just right, which was taking too long anyway, Darkpaw stalked around her and upwind from the rabbit, letting it catch his scent.

The rabbit lifted his head, its eyes sparking with panic, and it's long ears high in the air. The young she-cat ears were perked with confusion at the sudden behavior of the prey, she looked around her paws as if checking if she did something to alarm it.

Then it bolted off into Shadowclan territory, the young apprentice followed without even checking what had caused it to run almost into her claws. If she had checked she would have had a whiff of Darkpaw's scent, luckily she was too young to know and Darkpaw took advantage of that.

Darkpaw followed her easily, she was making a lot of noise, which was working out just the way Darkpaw wanted, eventually she stopped, she was panting in the middle of the clearing, a dead rabbit at her paws.

he stepped out into the light, Darkpaw's light amber eyes darkening, "What are you doing on Shadowclan territory?"

The young apprentice looked up at Darkpaw, her eyes suddenly sparking with terror, "Um, sorry." Darkpaw let out a small pleasant hiss that made the she-cat quiver with fear, "I suggest you answer me."

"I was..." The she-cat faltered and looked up at Darkpaw, "hunting..." Darkpaw stared down at her, his gaze emotionless, "How about I make a deal with you, I'll let you go back alive, as long if you don't tell anyone about this."

Her eyes widened, "You wouldn't kill someone just because they crossed the border!" "Have you ever heard of Risingpaw?" Darkpaw said, taking a threatening step towards the Skyclan cat.

"Two moons ago I heard he was attacked at a gathering." She looked up at Darkpaw as a cruel smile slowly formed on his face, "You, that was you! You attacked him!"

"He got what he deserved, he was asking to be attacked. Now, about that deal, are you going to take it or should I kill you on the spot right now?" Darkpaw shrugged. She looked hesitant but thankful that he wasn't just killing her right then.

She nodded slowly. Darkpaw moved aside so she could have a free path back to her own territory, she leaned down towards her rabbit but froze when Darkpaw snapped, "Leave the rabbit!"

The Skyclan apprentice didn't move until she glanced down at the older apprentice's long sharp claws and backed away from the prey. Then she left the clearing with one last fearful glance at Darkpaw before heading back towards Skyclan territory.

Darkpaw turned to the rabbit and grabbed it, hitting it on the ground, causing rabbit blood, and fur to scatter around the clearing.

After he finished with his little "scene" he headed back along the border until he reached the patrol who were looking around calling his name.

Eaglepaw was the first to see Darkpaw, he marched up to him and snarled in his face, "Where were you! We have spent the last 10 minutes calling for you!" Darkpaw glared at Eaglepaw after hearing him mumble a last word as he retreated back to his place next to Thornflower, "Idiot."

He turned back to Midnight without starting a fight with the older apprentice, Darkpaw knew he was only mad because he possibly just delayed Eaglepaw's warrior ceremony, little did he know that his warrior name was going to have to wait a little while longer.

Darkpaw started up at his mentor, his eyes glittering with malice, "Skyclan has been hunting freely on our territory."

The worst part about writing books is getting to a cliffhanger and getting so excited to read the next part only to realize that you have to write it. Sorry that this chapter is so short, it was a good place to leave off.