Chapter 6

Darkpaw is becoming a monster, that is all I can say.

One question: What is the phobia for being murdered called?

________________________________________________________________________________

Darkpaw looked back at the island, he could faintly see Shadowclan cats starting to exit the island, Riverclan cats were still standing around Risingpaw.

Darkpaw had ran all the way, non-stop up to the Twoleg Nest in Shadowclan territory, he jumped the fence and collapsed in the yard.

"What have I done, and why do I feel so happy that I did that? I almost killed my own half-brother, and I feel satisfied, what is happening to me?"

"Why are you so tired?" A female voice sounded above Darkpaw, he lifted his head to spot a black she-cat who couldn't be much older than him.

She had white flecks scattered around her paws and tip of her tail, her black pelt looked beautiful in the moonlight and alluring mysterious dark green eyes.

The she-cat started laughing, "Are you going to answer me or are you only here to check me out?" Darkpaw felt his face heating up, "I just needed to rest."

"Ok, anyway, what's your name?" The she-cat asked, Darkpaw sat up still a little reluctant to share information, but decided to cave,"I'm Darkpaw, who are you?"

"I'm Night, I'm just stopping to live here for a couple of days while the Twolegs are away." the she-cat said, Darkpaw tipped his head to the side looking at her up and down, finally noticing her skinny frame, "You're a rouge!"

Night snorted in amusement, "It's funny you think I'm naturally skinny, but yes, that is what you clan cats call me."

"I just thought you would live here, because, well, I just did, don't judge me." Darkpaw growled turning away, Night let out a small chuckle before jumping down next to Darkpaw, "I don't want to judge you, you seem better than your clan mates already."

"I'm not better, I did something horrible." Darkpaw protested, "What was it?" "I almost killed my half-brother." "Was it for a good reason?" Night continued with her questions, "Yes! He was blaming my sister for her own death." Darkpaw snarled, recalling the memory.

"Then you did nothing wrong as far as I can tell." Night shrugged like it wasn't a problem. Darkpaw tilted his head to the side, "What do you mean?"

Night smiled turning towards Darkpaw staring him in the eyes, "If you can't escape your anger, embrace it, no need to run from it. You did what was best in respecting your sister's memory, you did nothing wrong."

"I guess that's true." Darkpaw said thoughtfully, Night scoffed, "I know it is, anyway you said you needed a place to rest, why don't you stay here for the night, go back in the morning."

Darkpaw looked her in the eyes, they were welcoming, "Um, okay." "Great, you can have my nest, I'll make another somewhere."

With a small smile Darkpaw let Night lead him to a small nest in the bushes near the Twoleg nest entrance, "Here." Night said kindly gesturing to her nest.

Darkpaw welcomed it and fell into a sleep that took him back to the Dark Forest almost immediately.

Snowtuft was there, along with Maggottail and Sparrowfeather, the silence was broken by Snowtuft, who was laughing. "Something wrong?" Darkpaw growled, Snowtuft looked up and smiled evilly, "Want to explain why your sleeping in a rogue's nest, with her watching you."

"I just needed a place to think, and she offered one." Darkpaw snapped, Maggottail let out a short laugh and sneered, "If that's what you say, I guess we can believe what we want."

Sparrowtail stayed silent only a small smirk on her face, Snowtuft looked up at the top of the rock where the silhouette of Thistleclaw could be seen, "What is your opinion on this?"

Thistleclaw's yellow eyes were emotionless, "I want to see this play out, there could be something good for us coming out of this, but it could also end the way mine did, with my son wanting to only be a good warrior and not having any ambition."

Darkpaw turned and glared around the clearing, "What are you talking about, I only needed a place to think, not someone to waste my time with."

"Yep, sure." Maggottail chuckled, "Well if you're sure, we guess you have no reason for being here tonight, this was your night off."

Darkpaw cast a final glare at Snowtuft, Maggottail, and Sparrowfeather before closing his eyes and waking up.

The start of his demise. >:D

Hoped you like this chapter, bye.