Chapter 37

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH LAST CHAPTER AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

>:3

*Demonic laughter*

________________________________________________________________________________

"Rockfang..." Darkspirit hissed, his voice strange, deep, distorted, and weirdly happy.

Stumbling back, Rockfang's yellow eyes glittered with horror as Darkspirit continued smiling at him.

Agonizingly slowly, Darkspirit started limping towards him, his blazing dark eyes so surprisingly cold Rockfang shivered as if it was leaf-bare.

With a 'brighter' smile, Darkspirit hissed, "Don't worry, I don't wish to kill you," then, flexing his long blood-stained claws he growled, "yet."

Glancing down at the dead body of the Shadowclan deputy, Rockfang snarled, "You killed your own father." Darkspirit's smile faded and he suddenly snapped, "He deserved it, and if you mention him again I'll make sure you get what you deserve too."

Ignoring his fear for the warrior and his warning, Rockfang continued, "How could you, he never did anything to you."

Almost as if something in his mind snapped, he rushed forward, shoving Rockfang into a tree and lifted his claws to strike them into Rockfang's throat like what he did with Midnight.

"Darkspirit!" A small and terrified voice broke Darkspirit out of his 'killing' mindset. Looking across the clearing, Rockfang caught sight of a small black tom with nervous green eyes.

With a loud growl, Darkspirit let go of Rockfang and turned to the small loner, "What the hell do you want you useless asshole!" He snapped, watching the small cat flinch away with terror.

Quickly avoiding Darkspirit's gaze, the loner looked at Rockfang and nodded, a small smile plastering itself across his face before he turned back to the angry dark grey tabby.

Darkspirit glared down at the loner, and he growled again, "I'll ask you one more time before I rip out your tongue. Raven, what do you want."

The terror returning to his green eyes, Raven finally remembered the urgent reseason he had been there, "It's Night, her kits, they're coming too early."

Darkspirit's eyes turned from anger to fear in a matter of seconds, and without wasting any time, he shoved Raven, "Well, I need your nerdy brain to help her. And if you don't, I'll tear out your eyes and rip off your ears so you'll be the one who needs help."

Nodding frantically, Raven turned tail, and pretending like Rockfang was never there, Darkspirit and Raven bolting off towards Riverclan territory.

Many times Darkspirit pulled ahead of Raven, who was stumbling over roots, rocks, and almost anything under his paws.

"I can see why you spend most of your time in the barn." Darkspirit snapped, but soon fell back into silence over his worry for Night.

It wasn't long before they arrived at the barn, their chests heaving as they struggled to get air into their lungs. Darkspirit easily caught sight of Night, who was laying on her side, with Penny standing over her, her paw softly placed on her swollen stomach.

Rushing across the barn, Darkspirit arrived at Night's side, and he immediately started lapping at her ears, trying to calm her, any trace of anger had disappeared.

Soon Raven was at his side, looking down at his sister with worry. He shoved Darkspirit off to the side, "Go get a stick or something for her to bite on." He snapped, "Dont be totally useless, I got you for a reason."

Still reluctant to leave her side, he ran back across the barn and back into the cool evening light. He trotted among the trees next to the barn until he found a sturdy stick to take back to Night.

Picking it up, he set a decently fast pace to head back to the barn with, still slightly struggling to get air into his lungs.

"Quickly!" Raven snapped as Darkspirit trotted back into the barn, "Her first kit is coming!" Dropping the stick in front of her face, Night grabbed it right as she let out a shriek and a small figure slithered out onto the barn floor.

Darkspirit started shifting over to see his newborn kit, but Raven shoved him away, "Penny, start licking it, get its blood pumping. Sorry Darkspirit, you can't see her yet, there's another kits coming already." He growled.

Night screamed through the stick, almost turning it to splinters as another kit took place next to the first one. "Another she-kit." Penny purred, now rasping her tongue over the kits wet pelts.

Night collapsed, her formerally upright green eyes glazed with exhaustion. Raven then placed his paw on her stomach, feeling around, and soon, he tensed up.

"What's wrong." Raven looked up at Darkspirit,  "There's one more, it's not moving though." He then glanced down at Night, his eyes glittering with more worry.

"No," Night gasped, "I can't go on." Her eyes plainly stated that fact, but Raven sighed, "You have to try, it won't be long, it feels small."

Slowly, Penny moved to Raven's side and whispered in his ear, just loud enough for Darkspirit to hear, "Are you sure about this, she's already lost a lot of blood."

Raven didn't respond, he only placed both front paws on Night's stomach and looked at his sister, "Alright, when I tell you, you're going to push." And without even talking about her approval, he sighed and nodded. "Now."

Darkspirit wasnt totally sure what happened, but soon, another kit, much smaller than the last two, was next to the small she-kits. 

Penny rasped her tongue over the last kit for a couple seconds, before she looked up, her eyes glittering with sadness, "He was a still-born."

Darkspirit suddenly shoved Raven aside and started lapping at the small tom-kit's pelt, trying to start breathing. "Darkspirit, you can't do anything." Raven said, but Darkspirt turned away and took his place by Night's side.

"Darkspirit." A small weak voice then whispered, looking down, Darkspirit realized, Night was looking up at him, her eyes starting to glaze over, not with exhaustion.

Darkspirit's eyes widened, "No, Night!" He called desperately as the light in Night's green eyes faded. "Night! Don't close your eyes, don't leave me!" His calls got more desperate as her final breath faded away.

Darkspirit lay by her side as the warmth of her body already started to disappear, tears falling down his face and soaking Night's cooling fur.

"We can't save every cat." Penny said, resting her tail across her shoulders. "No," Darkspirit growled gruffly, rising to his paws, then he turned his gaze towards Penny and Raven, his eyes turning dark and blazing with anger, "But you should've saved her."

"Leave." Darkspirit then snapped before the two loners could say anything, "Leave before I snap your necks!" He yowled, taking a threatening step towards them, causing them to scatter and run away, leaving Darkspirit with his dead mate and son, and his two new, alive kits.

Standing alone in the dark barn, surrounded by death, the evil in Darkspirit sat dormant as the last tears that Darkspirit should shed for a long time fell, landing on the one cat he ever loved.

...