Chapter 18

Me: Everything is going well and I'm finally happy with my life

.

.

.

Crippling Depression: 😈

________________________________________________________________________________

Darkspirit lay on the edge of camp, Talonclaw, Raventalon, Rockfang, Scarface, and Treepaw were huddled around him.

Over the last 4 moons, Shimmerwave gave birth to Midnight's kits, Blackkit and Breezekit. Blacktail also gave birth to Sunlight's kits, Redkit, and Stagkit, but she died in the process leaving her 2 kits with Shimmerwave.

Blackkit and Redkit always followed him around, and it was steadily becoming annoying fast. Breezekit and Stagkit crept their distance, ever since the first time they followed Darkspirit along with their brothers, they got yelled at.

For some reason Redkit and Blackkit seemed to admire his fierceness and only follow him around more, while Stagkit and Breezekit, wisely, avoided the dark grey tabby.

Darkspirit had sort of started his own little group, all three of the apprentices looked up to him, and always followed him around. Rockfang and Scarface had started to stop hanging out with their brother and started spending time with Darkspirit. Also Talonclaw and Raventalon had sort of accepted Darkspirit.

The brambles around the entrance to camp quivered as the dusk patrol entered the camp, Shadowrunner, Hawkcry and Spotpelt each carried at least two pieces of prey in in their jaws.

Bramblepaw and Leafpaw slowly padded into camp, following their mentors, prey hanging from their parted small jaws.

The sun started setting over the trees casting a purple, red, glow across the sky as the dusk patrol took turns laying their prey down on the fresh-kill pile.

Bramblepaw and Leafpaw bounded over, greeting their brother before the three padded to the Apprentices den, side by side.

Rockfang and Scarface, together let out a yawn, Darkspirit watched in silence as his group followed the dusk patrol to their respected dens, in only a couple minutes the camp was almost empty. Darkspirit got to his paws and slipped out of the camp, shadows masking his escape.

He made his way through the marsh, all the way to the lake, where Night sat, staring down into the still water, a thoughtful look spread across her face.

"Busy?" He said softly, whispering over Night's shoulder. She jumped up and whipped around, her claws slid out and her face was contorted in shock, her eyes widened in surprise when she realized who it was, "Darkspirit! Don't do that to me!"

A purr of amusement escaped him, "So, what did you call me here for?"

"I wanted you to introduce you to some of my friends, I told them about you and they said they wanted to meet you."

Darkspirit shrugged, "Ok."

Night led him up to the Twoleg nest, where 5 cats were waiting, talking quietly to each other.

One was a pale yellow tom with dark eyes, he was sitting next to another tom who was a huge broad-shouldered white tom with the same dark eyes, Darkspirit guessed they were brothers.

The next two look similar, the bigger one was a orange tabby she-cat with a scar along her muzzle, the smaller one was a small tabby tom with orange splotches and a light blue collar.

The last cat was a grey and tan tortoiseshell she-cat with emotionless pale sea-green eyes and a scar on her shoulder. (my cat)

Darkspirit and Night side by side jumped over the fence, landing with elegance, and padding over to the small group.

The small tabby looked over that the two dark cats, his blue eyes lighting up, "Wow Night! You weren't kidding when you said he was muscular."

"Autumn! Shut up!" Night said, turning her head away from Darkspirit so he couldn't see her blushing, "I'm flattered that when you look at me you're looking at those." Darkspirit snorted with amusement.

(I have no idea why I added that)

The pale yellow tom and the white tom snorted, the orange she-cat rolled her eyes, and the tortoiseshell just stared, which was starting to unnerve Darkspirit.

Night looked back up, gesturing to each one of her friends. "So, these are my friends, the pale yellow tom is Onyx, the white tom is Bone, they're brothers. The small tabby with the orange splotches is Autumn and his orange tabby sister, Amber."

Darkspirit turned his amber gaze to the tortioshell, "Who is she?" Autumn answered his question instead, "That's Penny, she is a former kittypet, she has been living around the lake for the past couple moons, she doesn't talk much."

"I won't show any disrespect." The she-cat said, "So, I'm afraid I haven't been with this group for long and haven't heard of you, all I was told was that a clan cat was meeting us."

Darkspirit's ears twitched, something about her made him not trust her, those cold eyes were hiding something, something that he wanted to find out, as if she knew more about the clans than they thought.

"I'm Darkspirit, a proud warrior of Shadowclan." The dark tabby said, masking his suspicions with a locked cold gaze.

He thought he could see a flash of surprise in the sea-green eyes of Penny, only they narrowed glaring at Darkspirit, making him think she already knew him.

How does she know him?! More like, who told her about him...