23. Elsa's Backup

Quickly, I turned around, seeing Hiccup leaning against the door frame. The girls turned around as he walked back into the room. He didn't appear to be happy. I guess he heard the whole conversation. "Removed, why?" I ask.

"You heard what Rapunzel said. That fetus will kill you." He said.

Merida looked at him before turning to Rapunzel. The blonde-haired girl turned to the russet haired boy who stood across the room. Although I know she wanted to say something, it was Anna who stepped forward. "Oh please!" She rolled her eyes, glaring at him. "It's a baby, Hiccup,"

"Its a killer, Anna." He replied mockingly, his eyes narrowed. "It'll kill her. Snap her spine. She'll be dead before, the thing is even born." He said. I started sensing the hostility I've seen many times with him when it comes to his anger. As much as I know what he's like when he's mad, I've never seen him act quite like this. "It needs to be removed from you. I can't afford to lose you. Not over something I did." He added.

"So what are we going to do about it?" Merida asked.

"I'm going to get that thing out of you," he told us, picking up a small vial with a coloured liquid in it.

"You know what you're doing?" Merida asked. "Are you even qualified for this?"

"Please," Hiccup rolled his eyes. "I wasn't born yesterday!"

"Ain't that the truth," Anna muttered under her breath.

"I've been around a long time." Hiccup started with a smirk. "I know what I'm doing."

I look at him. "Hiccup, do you even know what you're saying?" I ask him.

He filled a needle with the liquid from the small vial, then sighed. "Elsa. It's for your safety." He said to me before leaving us.

"Hiccup?" I call him standing up.

He stopped, looking at me. "Look. I can't lose you." He said to me. "Your something I'm not willing to let go of."

I watch him leave again, then sigh. I turn to Anna and the others. "He really wants me to get rid of it," I say. 

"He doesn't want to lose you," Merida said. 

Rapunzel nodded. "After all, that's what imprinting is."

"I know," I sigh. "It's just... I just can't get rid of it. This child is part of me now. Something part of both of us." I say then sigh. "He just can't see it." 

-- 

It's been an hour. Anna, the girls and I stayed in the living room. Within that hour, I've convinced the girls that We shouldn't do the Abortion. They thought it wasn't right to kill a baby, even if its a killer, like it's father. Now with these three on my side, we only have to convince Hiccup. The father of this child. The immortal.

We all go to the kitchen, knowing we'd find Hiccup in there. But surprisingly, he wasn't there. "Hiccup?" 

As if summoned, Hiccup came out of a room looking up. He had the needle again. "What's up?"

"I thought about it, and I don't think we should get rid of this child," I tell him.

He leaned against the counter looking at me. "Why not?"

"What if it's not like you? What if it's normal?" I ask. He sighed but didn't answer. "This is an opportunity, Hiccup. And getting rid of it, won't help." I say to him. He still didn't reply. "I have Anna, Rapunzel and Merida on my side. You can't let this go through." I said to him.

He set the needle down then sighed. "What if something happens to you?" He asked, genuinely.

"Can't you turn me?" I ask.

Hiccup scanned the room for a moment before looking back at me. "Elsa. I haven't turned anyone in years. I can't guarantee it'll work." He answered. "Even so, I couldn't handle taking the life of someone I care about. I'd not be able to live it down,"

"Say you can't turn me at the last moment and I don't make it," I start, earning a panicked look from not only Hiccup but Anna as well. "You can save the baby, right?" I ask.

"Yeah, but that's --"

"Can you save the baby?" I ask him again, cutting him off.

After a moment, Hiccup finally answered. "Yes," He nodded slowly. "I can. I can save the child, but I can guarantee that even my venom can save you,"

"That's all I need to know," I tell him.

He looked at me again. "You really want to do this?" He asked.

I nod slowly. "Yes."

He sighed picking up the needle. I heard a hint of a growl come from him before he looked up at me, trying to focus on my eyes. "Bad choice." He sighed, "But I'll try my best to support it," he added before he left the room.

I take a deep breath wanting to follow him, but decide not to. "He'll get over this soon," Merida told me.

I sigh slowly. "I really hope so."