4. Question

I walk into the school the next morning. My mind was still on what happened last night. I try to shake it or of my head as I walk to my locker. As I walk right into someone pushing them into a locker "Oh my God -- Ow!" Hiccup. Shoot. I hit him. I look up to see him slowly regain himself. "I see you have a habit of bumping into me," he said to me. I stand up slowly with his help. He was really warm. Like he was having a hot flash or something. I get my books then slowly follow him. I see he has a limp to his step today.

"You're hurt," I tell him.

Hiccup looked down before looking back at me. "Hmm? Oh. It's okay. I'm fine."

"But you're limping."

"Elsa. Really I'm fine."

I turn away for a moment. "What happened?" I ask him.

"Hmm?"

"What happened?" I ask him again.

"Oh, nothing big... Tripped and fell down the stairs last night." Hiccup answered me absentmindedly.

"Ouch... Sounds like that would hurt." I start, cringing as I suddenly feel his pain. "Well, you should take it easy to-"

"Why, I already told you I'll be fine." He said to me.

"You sure? You look pretty beaten up," I say looking at the cuts and bruises on his face.

"I'm Fine." He repeated.

I turn from him for a moment going through my bag. "Okay, but if you feel anything just let me know-" as I turn I see that he's gone.

--

I paused from my math work, letting out a shaky sigh. I left my mind to go back to yesterday's events. Yesterday... I had no clue what to think about it. But I couldn't forget about it the way I usually just forget about things.

Normally, my mind would drift into the happy corners of my thoughts because it instinctively recoiled away from pain. But this... I tried hard to think of a little black cat munching on grass or something... A black cat... Shoot! I just thought of the black wolf!

~Flashback~

I stumbled inside, trembles rocking my body so much that I could barely put the key into the lock. Disoriented, I made my way up the stairs and into my room, locking the door behind me

"Elsa?" Anna's voice sounded just outside my door.

"Go away, Anna." I whispered, then said louder in a voice that sounded like it was about to break forever, "Go away!"

There was silence, then I heard her feet shuffling away. I fell on my bed, dropping my backpack to the ground and closing my eyes, wrapping my arms around myself because it felt like a hug.

What happened... I couldn't even think where to begin. Had it even really happened? But the dried blood spatter on my blue dress answered that question.

Okay, Elsa, breathe. Stop and breathe. A man had... Pulled me into an alley. He'd been about to hurt me when I heard- A jolt of shock seized my body. I had heard Hiccup. The Hiccup from school. I had heard him call my name. "But that was impossible," I told myself trying to calm down.

Taking another deep breath, I shook my head and went downstairs to eat dinner and try to push these confusing, terrifying memories out of my head.

~End Flashback~

"Elsa? Hey. Elsa?" A light touch on my shoulder made me jump. Hiccup was standing beside me, his green eyes concerned. Oh. The class was empty. "Sorry, the bell rang."

"Oh. Okay."

Later in the day, lunch rolled around Anna, Mer, Rap and I sat at our usual table. I begged Hiccup to sit with us, which took forever. After a little bit, he finally agreed. Our girls were all talking, while Hiccup sat at the end of the table sketching something in a book. He hasn't eaten anything. I don't think he ever eats. "Whatcha doing?" I ask him leaning over to him.

"Nothing."

"Again, that doesn't look like nothing," I repeat.

He sighed as if he were getting annoyed. "It's something for Traditional art."

I look at the picture. There was a wolf. A black wolf to be exact. It's fur blown back by the wind, and it's green gaze looked troubled. This wolf almost looked like the one from yesterday. There was another one. A pure white wolf blue eyes. "They're good."

He didn't reply. I decide to leave him be for a bit the go back to the girls.

The third-period bell rang. I walk into my science class then see Hiccup leaning against the wall.

The teacher followed me in. "Everyone, please take your seat." He said. I did in the back row where only two desks were. Hiccup sat in the other. "Science projects." The teacher started. I couldn't help, looking at Hiccup who wasn't paying attention. "I'm giving them out today. They're due in two months."

The teacher started going around pairing people up. I looked at Hiccup again. "Miss. Arendelle." The teacher called my name.

"Hmm?"

"You and Mr. Haddock. Partners." He said then looked to Hiccup.

"Teachers from you're old school told me you were experienced with things like this." Our teacher said to him.

"They really lied to you," Hiccup muttered making the class laugh. I giggled a little as well making the teacher look at me. Hiccup only nodded then glanced at me. I look at him, just as he looked away. Score!