Hiccup's Fears

A N N A

I see Elsa putting Karli to sleep. She truly loved that little girl. I can see Hiccup loved her too, despite, almost losing Elsa to the baby.

Elsa told me she was worried about Hiccup. I was starting to see it too. He'd come around for a while, then shadow himself out.

Elsa told me to talk to him. Preferably when Karli went to bed.

It was dark. I step out onto the front deck, looking at the bright moon. It was full.

My guess Hiccup was out hunting, or trying to get some alone time.

But then I see him leaning against the rail on the deck.

He looked troubled. His gaze set on the trees in front or him.

I slowly go to him, hoping I don't scare him.

I walk behind him tapping his shoulder. "Hiccup?"

Startled, he turned, pinning me to the outside of the house.

"Hiccup, it's me, Anna! Please don't kill me!" I plead to him.

He dropped me then sighed.

"Never sneak up on a Werewolf." He said. "Because you may be their next meal."

I nod slowly. "Noted."

He sighed then walked back over to where he was.

I follow him leaning beside him.

"Elsa thinks there's something bugging you." I say.

He looked to me with a sharp green gaze.

"She said you're acting funny." I add.

"And she's worried about you. I keep telling her you're fine, 'cause there's nothing bugging you."

"No." He sighed. "She's right. There is one thing bugging me." He said.

"What?"

"Karli and I are both Immortal. We'll live until, someone kills us. Elsa... She'll only live 'till a certain time, then she's gone." He said.

I stay silent and listen.

"And I was fine, until, my humanity came back to me. And I felt the feelings. Everything that was bugging me."

"Humanity?"

"Werewolves and chose weather to feel pain or not. It's part of being human. Pain." He said. "But we can shut our Humanity off, when we've had enough."

"But the thing about pain.. Is that it demands to be there." he sighed.

"And it only makes it worse when I think about the future. Karli will age, but she won't grow old and die. Elsa will age, eventually go." He said.

"Well she's a human, Hiccup. She'll go eventually." I say.

He looked to me slightly confused. I forgot that he wasn't killed them turned into a Werewolf. He was born one.

"You don't know the feeling of it do you?" I ask.

"Know what?"

"The fear of dying?"

"I feel that everyday."

I give him a look. "Not how we feel it."

He looked at me.

"We feel it, and we know when it happens. Humans fear they'll die, and leave forever. But with you, you have a chance to heal yourself or come back." I tell him.

"That's different from what I feel." He said.

"What do you feel?"

"I'm already dead." He started. "And I can die again. But I can die easier then any human." He said.

"A simple bleed, will kill me. A broken neck can kill me. So many things can happen, and you don't know when they happen." He said.

We were silent for a long time.

"What will you do?" I ask.

"About?"

"Elsa?"

He sighed. "I don't know, Anna. Only my blood can keep her alive that long, but I don't want to turn her, it's to dangerous for her." He said.

I think for a moment. I don't want my sister to turn. And he doesn't either.

"What if you can find a way to keep your blood in her without turning her?" I suggest.

He looked at me. He tilted his head in confusion.

"Translation?"

Idiot Werewolf.

"Like the necklace. That brings her back to life after a supernatural kills her." I say.

"Something with your blood in it, will keep her alive. And you wouldn't have to turn her." I say.

He sighed. "It could work." He sighed.

"Let's do it, do you have a necklace?" I ask.

He looked at me, as if I were an idiot. "No, but I have one of hers." He said.

"Why?"

"I've been scenting them in Wolfsbane, just incase." He said.

I shook my head. "Never mind, get it out."

He sighed, pulling a small necklace out of his pocket.

It was a small Snowflake one with and E on it. The snowflake on it, was hallow.

Perfect.

He set it on the Patio table.

"Let's hope this works." He muttered before, cutting himself with his pocket knife.

I never knew why he had a pocket knife. He's a wolf. He could just use claws or fangs.

I saw the blood well up in his palm. I open the metal snowflake giving it to him.

"If this doesn't work," he started, draining some of his blood into the necklace. "I'm going to eat you." He said.

I nod slowly. "Fair deal."

He finished then firmly closed the snowflake. It looked completely normal.

"It should work." He said calmly then watched as the cut on his hand healed.

"It must be nice to heal after you hurt yourself." I say.

He nodded. "To bad humans can't do that. It would save so much." He joked, putting the necklace in his pocket gently.

I shove him after he said that.

"Are you saying humans are clumsy?" I ask.

"Yes. Yes I am." He replied.

I shove him again. "Get inside before I feed you Wolfsbane."

"Okay, okay. I'm going."

I smile a little as he disappeared inside.

I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I'm glad that he's imprinted on my sister.