10. Jack

The sun glowed through the trees making the fallen leaves glow a bright golden colour. I sit in the forest, sitting by the roots. Hiccup and I were in the woods. He was hunting, and I was waiting. I wanted to watch him hunt, but he insisted I shouldn't. He said he can be pretty violent while hunting.

I try to finish my sketch of Hiccup in wolf form. His wolf form was fascinating. The dark shade of his fur, the bright colour of his eyes. The sun glowing off his fur. It's amazing. Minding my own business, I suddenly get distracted as I hear something. Looking up, I scan the area around me, feeling kind of scared.  As if on cue, Hiccup jumped through the bushes with a dead animal. He landed on all paws then set down his kill. "You waited?" He asks.

I nod. "Of course. All you were doing was hunting." He licked his jaws, laying down. "Do you have food?" He asked.

"I brought food," I say. He rested his head on his paws as I take out a sandwich. I held one out for him. "Wanna try some?" I ask him. 

He snarled, lowering his head. "You kidding?! Why would I eat that human slop?" He asked, then started eating his kill.

I take a bite of my sandwich. Hiccup's head suddenly shot up. His eyes alert, his ears, flicking around for sound. "Hiccup?"

"Shh." He shifted, sill looking alert.

"Hiccup, what's wrong?"

Just before he answered a boy our age came out with a pad of paper and a small tablet. He has blue eyes and silvery-white hair. Jackson Overland Frost. He's a Sophmore at our high school, and he's been insanely obsessed with the Supernatural. Vampires and Wolves. Jack has been crazed about werewolves for a while.

He looked up as he saw us. "Oh. Hey Elsa."

"Hi." I sigh, with a hostile tone.

He looked to Hiccup. "Who's this?"

"This is Hiccup. He's new here." I say.

Hiccup didn't reply. "Is he now?" I nod slowly. He looked Hiccup over as if he were getting a weird feeling about him. He held his hand out to Hiccup. "Nice to meet you."

Hiccup didn't move. He just backed away.

The iPad Jack had suddenly gone off. A tracker? Jack looked at it, then looked to Hiccup. He grabbed my arm, pulling me away from him. Quietly, Jack moved his iPad towards me and the beeping seemed to stop. With a glance at Hiccup, he moved the iPad back towards him. Within seconds, it picked up again, beeping out of control. "I knew it!" Jack declared. "It's you! You're the Wolf that's been jamming up my equipment! You're a Dire Wolf!"

Hiccup looked at him as if acting dumb. Quietly, he folded his arms over his chest, leaning against the large tree I was sitting by. "Wow! A real-life Dire wolf! What an amazing discovery! It just isn't me, Frosty!" Hiccup replied quietly, acting overly sarcastic. 

Jack glanced down at his iPad for a moment, moving it from me to Hiccup. "It says it, right here. It doesn't respond to Elsa, but the second it gets a glimpse of you, the tracker goes crazy! It's you!"

I look to Hiccup. He glared at the young boy beside me, his gaze seemingly hostile as if he were to shift right now and kill him. I prayed inside, he wouldn't attack. Holding my breath, I braced myself to hold the russet haired boy back from the Sophomore, knowing very well, that I was not strong enough to stop a fully strengthed Hybrid Wolf. However, "Okay, you got me." Hiccup started, stupidly, raising his arms. "I'm the Werewolf."

Jack's eyes widened. "A real live Werewolf!" He sounded shocked. "Wait until the town hears about this!" She cheered to himself.

"Are you sure I'm real?" Hiccup asked quietly. "For all you know, I could be only half-Wolf!"

"This thing has never lied before!" Jack answered, gesturing to his iPad. 

Hiccup narrowed his eyes then sighed sharply. "You'll never prove it." He said. "They'll have you locked up in the looney bin before they even consider seeing me as a Wolf!"

Jack started to back up. "But I will." Jack stopped for a moment. "You wolves are easy to play. I'll get you when there's a lot of people around. You'll never see me coming!" He said before running away.

I look to Hiccup, as Jack left. He seemed unphased by Jack's threat. "You are in trouble," I say.

Hiccup shook his head."Nah. Only the best can catch a Werewolf. I'm still here, I haven't been caught yet." He said. "Besides, he's only a kid. He just thinks he has what it takes to capture someone like me," he added before glancing down at the ground, noticing something shiny on the ground. "Jack dropped something." He said before bending down to pick it up. Almost as soon as he touched it, he suddenly dropped the item, snarling in his, pulling his hand away.

I smell something burning. I take a sniff. "I smell something Burning,"

"Yeah," Hiccup exclaimed. "My hand." He snarled.

I pick up the charm. "It doesn't hurt," I say.

"Shocker!" Hiccup growled. "You're human. It's clearly been soaked in Wolfsbane." He said.

"Wolfsbane?"

"One Weakness of Werewolves." He started. "When ingested, wolfsbane causes a werewolf to become severely weak and feverish. If our skin is exposed to wolfsbane, it will burn like." He said. "Give it here." He said.

I rip a piece Of my sweater, wrapping it in it. "Here," I say. "So you don't burn yourself again."

"Thanks." He puts it in his pocket slowly. "It'll come in handy soon." He said.

I look at him. "You're okay, right?"

He looked at his hand. "Eh. It's only a little burn."

I watch the burn on his hand suddenly start to heal. "That's right. You can heal yourself."

"Mhm." He looked to me then to the sun. "We should go." He said.

"Why?"

"It's starting to get dark."

"So."

"Let's just say, in these woods," He looked to me as we left the woods. "I'm not the deadliest thing out here."