17. The Haddock House

"Are we there yet?" I ask slowly.

"Soon."

He wasn't in wolf form anymore. Hiccup tried to stay close to me, after his encounter with Snotlout. He's been uneasy for most of the walk. I've told him multiple times that I'm fine, but he didn't buy it. "So, Snotlout said, that you turned him into a wolf." I start.

"I did." Hiccup answered.

"Why?"

"He was dying. I didn't know what to do. If he died, they'd blame me." He said. "I wasn't able to control my hunger back then. So the only idea I had was to turn him." He said. "And now I regret doing it."

"Why is that?" I ask.

"He didn't want to be a wolf. He'd rather die. So, his revenge to me was an eternity of misery and torture, until I die." He said.

"Why didn't you two just make up?"

"Why would I? He plotted to kill my father. He poisoned my mother, then took my place as Alpha. He's a monster."

I don't reply. "He killed your parents?"

"He killed my dad after I turned him, then poisoned my mother." He said.

"I'm so sorry."

He sighed again. "It doesn't matter now. I would've killed them myself back then. Well, my father. He was a human." He said to me. We walked through the trees, when he finally stopped.

Through the trees, I see a house. Mostly Made out of wood. It looked vintage. Most of the house was glass too. "This is your house?" I ask and he nodded. "It's beautiful!"

He smiled faintly, going to the door. I follow him to the door.

He opened it, letting me go in first. The inside was even better then the outside.

Wood and marble. He closed the door, coming up behind me slowly. "Hiccup, how long have you had this house?"

"100 years or so. It was my mothers." He said.

"It's beautiful! I love it!"

He doesn't reply. He then held out his hand playfully. "Would you like a tour, M'Lady?" He asked.

I take his hand. "I would." He showed me, almost every room. Every inch of this house was beautiful. He lead me upstairs, ten opened a dark wooden door. Hiccup and I slowly walk into the room. It was very vintage. I loved it.

Hiccup set something down, then looked at me. I look at him. "Is this your room?" I ask. He nodded again. "It's so... Vintage," I say.

"That's because this house is Vintage!" He joked.

I look at him. "So this is your old house?!" I ask.

"It still belongs to me. If I had sold it, I wouldn't be able to get in." He said.

"Wolf thing?" I ask.

"Like the bloodsuckers, werewolves need permission from the owner of the house to get it." He said.

I was still in awe of this house. I went slowly into the room, running my finger, along with the dark wood dresser. The floors were made of dark wood, every piece of furniture was made of dark wood. The bed was kiddy-cornered on the left side. A bathroom was attached to this room. The walls were torn down revealing the entire bathroom. The floors there was Dark Marble.

Everything else was beautiful. "I love this!"

He smirked playfully then set a bag down. "The best thing is, that you're safe here. No other species can get in here without my permission."

"Why?"

"Werewolf law. We can't enter a home without the owner's permission." He said.

"You brought me here to keep me safe?" I ask. He nodded curtly. "Why?"

"I wouldn't be able to live with myself if you were killed." He said. "Plus, Snotlout knows I have a human Mate. He'll do whatever it takes to kill you."

"You said I was your Mate?" I say.

"Yes."

"Do you really feel that way about me?" I ask.

"I figured it out." He started. "Why I wasn't able to kill you when I first met you. It's why I fought myself to keep you alive. I've imprinted on you." He said.

"Imprint? What does that mean?" I asked him, feeling like I'm asking him too many questions.

"I can't leave you. You're my life. The one I need, the one I need to protect." He told me.

I look at him. "You love me?" I ask.

He nodded. "So much, that You will be the death of me."