9. Hiccup's Story

After spending some time in the forest, I decided I'd sneak back into my house to shower. Of course, I dragged Hiccup along with me, though he seemed unsure of everything I was doing to him. It was around 7:27 in the morning when I returned, and I had left him in my bedroom, to clean myself up. 

I'm sure at this point, he was bored and left.

I wrap myself in a towel leaving my bathroom. Anna and My Parents were still asleep. As I walk into the bedroom I see Hiccup sitting on my window cill perfectly balanced. He seemed lost in a book that I had thrown at him to keep him occupied while I was showering. He claimed to have already read it, but he seemed to be engrossed in it. Maybe he just likes that particular book.

Hiccup glanced up, only to look back at the book. However, he took a second glance, after noticing I had returned. "Finally. You came back." He sighed.

"What are you still doing here?" I ask him slightly shocked, covering myself in a housecoat.

"You told me to stay put. So I stayed." He said.

"You stayed?" I ask, closing the door behind me.

"You told me to stay put." He repeated.

I look at him. "I'm sorry. I'm confused."

"You told me to stay put. I don't understand it myself, but human imprinters have that one command that seems to work on wolves. Give a command, I have to follow it, I guess." He explained.

"Obedience?" I ask.

"Something like that," he shrugged, setting the book down on my desk near my window.

Rolling my eyes, I undo my robe, turning around. "Well good boy. Now don't look. I'm getting dressed."

"Fine, be that way," He smirked, closing his eyes before effortlessly, falling backwards off my window cill.

"Oh my god! Hiccup!" Holding in a scream, I run towards the window, ready to jump out after him if he was hurt. Peering out my window, I see him sitting, balanced on a tree branch, slightly lower than my window. "What on earth are you doing?" I ask him, regaining the air in my lungs

Hiccup looked up at me. "Not looking." He answered. "You told me to look away,"

"Yes, but I didn't say to jump out of a window, you psychopath!" I hiss at him.

"Works easily the same as closing my eyes," He responded to me, "That way you have all the privacy you need,"

With a sigh, I move away from my window, quickly changing. Pulling my shirt over my head, I turn to the window again. "You're good!" I call to him. 

After a moment, he jumped back up, landing on the window's edge again, sitting down as he was before. He gave me a small smile before, examining the outdoors.  As we stayed silent, a thought came to mind. If he's a wolf, would that make him immortal? "Hiccup," I ask.

Hiccup turned to me calmly. "Yes."

"How old are you?" I ask, sitting on the edge of my bed.

"Seventeen," he answered with no hesitation. 

Of course, he'd answer with the most obvious answer. "Okay, smart ass, how long have you been seventeen?"

"Oh," He replied. "Physically and Biologically, I'm seventeen, but I've been the same age for about One Hundred and twenty years. Chronologically, that is. Immortality is an interesting thing.

"So you are immortal?" I ask though I was implying more than asking

"Well, yes." He looked at me calmly. He then smiled faintly. "Come with me, I want to show you something."