6. Research

It was later that night. I was walking through the forest on my way home. Hiccup sorta worried me. He started to act really weird after I mentioned the wolf. Maybe he didn't like it.

I suddenly stop when I hear a small growl. Not this again. I go running but can't. In the distance, I see a pair of glowing eyes. Finally, I am able to run. I sprint out of the trees when I suddenly get pinned down by a wolf. Another one. This one was a light brown colour with blue eyes.

It lifted its head ready to kill me when a black blur suddenly lunged at the wolf throwing it off. I stand up, running to a tree. I see the black wolf from the other day. The same wolf. The black wolf stood in front of me, face to face with the brown one. It let out another warning growl.

Without even thinking it lunged forwards. The Black wolf's small size was nothing. The Brown wolf was much larger than him. The Brown one had The black one pinned to the ground trying to bite its neck. The black one swiftly moved out of the way then tripped the Other one with its tail.

The Brown wolf reached over lunging again. The black one let out a growl then snarled loudly as the Other bit down hard on its hind leg. The black wolf shook the other wolf off of it shaking blood from its leg.

The brown wolf thrusts the smaller wolf towards a tree knocking him to the ground. It slowly got back to his paws then eyed the other one madly. He let out a loud growl then lunged for the wolf again. It was suddenly on top of the wolf clawing its throat. It missed only to get clawed himself.

The brown wolf flipped was pinning the black one down to the ground. The black one snarled madly, twisting the wolf's neck in order to free itself It quickly jumped back to the ground shaking the blood from his fur. His eyes went to slits again. The look of death glowed in his eyes.

I look to the black wolf. He looked badly beaten. The brown wolf came at him seeing it weakened. The Black wolf suddenly pinned it to the ground ripping its throat open with a killing bite. I watch the brown wolf go limp and the black Wolf left it. The wolf stopped licking its wounds looking to me. I stare at it. My gaze locks with it. The blazing grew eyes looked oddly familiar. Before I could get a better look the wolf took off leaving me alone.

--

With a sigh, I sit down at my computer, going to Google. I enter Dire Wolves into the search bar, glancing at the time briefly. Wikipedia popped up. I sigh then start to read.

"A werewolf, also known as a lycanthrope, is a mythological or folkloric human with the ability to shapeshift into a wolf or a therianthropic hybrid wolf-like creature, either purposely or after being placed under a curse or affliction e.g. via a bite or scratch from another werewolf." I start reading out loud, "Early sources for belief in lycanthropy are Petronius and Gervase of Tilbury."

I click to the next page. "Like normal humans, werewolves can eat normal food if they wish. However, because they turn into ferocious beasts, they are flesh-eating creatures. When they feed, it is absorbed throughout the body and they consume organs or body parts, but they do not have to feed in order to prolong their existence. There are no known consequences from abstaining from human flesh while in werewolf form. Werewolves have not been seen to attack each other inhuman or lupine form, but have been known to hunt both human preys while transformed." I take a breath. "Unstable hybrids also have the urge to attack regardless of what form they are in. Werewolves are more sworn to loyalty and will often bond with other werewolves they meet. They form packs and work with each other as sort of an extended family. The bond of loyalty between werewolves is strangely strong, while changed, the only things they do not attack are other werewolves,"

"Werewolves' strength and speed are enhanced. When angered or threatened, these powers and abilities are temporarily enhanced." I start. "Super Strength." I continue. "Werewolves have supernatural strength, making them far stronger than any human, there have been several occasions to suggest that untriggered werewolves possess more strength than an average human, which would indicate some form of enhanced strength even before the activation of their curse. SuperSpeed. Werewolves are much faster than humans. They possess this ability both in and out of transformation with an animalistic quickness. I sigh. "Super Agility. Werewolves possess superhuman agility. Either in wolf or even in human form, they have demonstrated that they can move, jump very high, climb, flip, and run incredibly fast without difficulty or exhaustion. Super Durability. Werewolves can take far more trauma than humans can without nearly as much discomfort or injury. They can also exert themselves for longer periods without tiring."

Next page. "Healing Factor. Werewolves possess superhuman regenerative abilities, meaning that if they are physically injured, their bodies will heal rapidly. However, when a werewolf's neck is broken, they stay dead. Superhuman Senses. Werewolves have the extremely keen, heightened, animal senses of smell, sight, taste, hearing, and touch inherent in all canines."

"Because they are supernatural and have powers that excel their wolf counterparts, they can hear, see, and smell better than that of regular canines. Lycanthrope Enhancement - Werewolves are able to make their eyes glow when angry or threatened, but only for a short amount of time. When a werewolf is furious or forced to defend themselves, their anger increases all their power and abilities for a short period of time, which allows them to defend them self's."

"Night Vision - Werewolves can see in total darkness. Weaknesses. Werewolves can be damaged in the same ways humans are and briefly weakened. Broken Neck - Breaking a werewolf's neck will result in instant death." I sigh. "Heart Extraction - Ripping a werewolf's heart out will result in instant death. Blood Loss - If a werewolf is severely wounded and bleeds out before they can heal, they can die. Decapitation - Decapitation will result in instant death for a werewolf. Presumably, Fire - Fire can presumably kill a werewolf. It can also hurt them."

"Suffocation - "A werewolf will die from lack of oxygen, meaning they can die by drowning or being smothered. Physical Trauma - Minor physical injuries such as gunshots, stab wounds, and broken bones will cause a werewolf pain and will also slow them down. However, this is only temporary, as they will heal completely within minutes. Silver - Werewolves are burned by the touch of silver. If silver pierces a Werewolf's skin while in wolf form, it will grow weak and revert back to its human form."

I look at the screen for a minute. Hiccup showed nothing like that. Except for his eyes changing colour. But some of these traits do-follow. Maybe he is.