3. The Black Wolf

I was walking home alone, humming 'All I Need' by Within Temptation to myself. It had been a good day at school. Hiccup allowed me to talk to him. I had theory's about him. But I guess they're all wrong. The way he is caught me. He's not like someone I've met.

He was nice though, and I was clearly taken away by his work. I wonder where he learned to draw like that... Wait. Where was I? I stopped walking and looked around. I didn't recognize any of these streets. Where was my house?

"Hey, girl," a man's gruff voice said from behind me.

"Hi!" I said, turning around. "Hey, can you tell me where I am?" I stopped, taking in his appearance. He looked... Dangerous. I took a small step back, feeling a small wave of fear as I glanced around. There was no one else on the streets. "Umm..." I trailed off, a pang of panic following the fear.

"Yeah, bitch. You're with me now," he smirked, and I frowned. Suddenly I realized how much danger I was in. With a scared yelp, I whirled around, but a strong hand cupped my mouth before I could yell. Tears filled my eyes as I tried to bite him, like in the movies. "Shut up, you little slut," he hissed in my ear and horror shot through me as he began pulling me into a dark alley, me squirming and kicking.

As we got to the back, he cornered me and I realized I couldn't scream. I couldn't do anything. I was frozen with terror. Just then I heard a shockingly familiar voice. "Elsa!" Suddenly a black... Wolf leaped down from a building roof. It landed with its back to me, between the man and me.

His eyes widened, and then he smirked, and I watched in astonishment as he blurred. Suddenly he was on four paws, a bloody brown wolf. he snarled a challenge at the black wolf. I stumbled back against the wall in terror. I see the hostile look in the Black wolf's green eyes. The blazing look of green told me the wolf was dangerous. The black wolf crouched, an angry growl rumbling loudly and threateningly from it. It launched itself at the other, and they were a whirl of fangs and claws. I heard yowls and barks of pain, but I couldn't see much.

After a few seconds, they broke away, the black wolf standing in front of me. It was bleeding badly from one shoulder, and it was holding its front paw carefully as if it was hurt, too. The other wolf didn't look much better. Blood clotted its neck near its throat, and there was a long, thin gash in its side that was oozing crimson blood.

Without warning, it leaped at the black wolf, who crouched before it sprang up to meet the bloody brown beast in midair. Suddenly I saw that the brown wolf chomped down on the black wolf hind leg. It flung the black creature against the wall. I heard a sickening crack as the black-furred wolf slammed into the brick then slid to the ground.

The brown wolf turned its hungry amber gaze on me. It had a new wound, a very bad scratch just above its eye, and blood gushed on that side of its face. I shrank back fearfully as the wolf suddenly blurred, becoming the man from before.

He took a pace towards me. A black shape suddenly flew at him. The black wolf, bloody and beaten, landed in front of me, the man's head, which was suddenly disconnected from its owner, in the wolf's mouth. The headless body fell over at the same time the wolf let the head fall to the ground. 

The wolf licked the blood off its jaws then turned to me, and all I could think was, 'I'm next.' But the wolf's bright green eyes held no menace, they were just pools of green concern. Then, it gave a soft little whine and turned away, limping to the end of the alley into the sunshine. It stopped and looked over at me. I refused to look at the man's body as I tentatively following the black wolf into the streets.

Nobody was there, and the wolf lifted its muzzle to sniff the air. Then it glanced at me and turned left, heading back the way I came. I followed it through the twisting, winding streets because I didn't know what else to do, and the shock hadn't set in yet. Suddenly I was in front of my house. I turned to thank the wolf. 

The wolf was gone.