2. Hiccup

Rapunzel, Merida and I approach the football field at lunch. Rapunzel was carrying practice pom poms. "His name is Hiccup Haddock. He's Snotlout Jorginsons cousin," Rapunzel said to me. Makes sense with why Snotlout purposely went after him. He lives alone in the old Boarding House." Rapunzel started. "He hasn't lived here since he was a kid. His family travelled a lot. He lost them five years ago." She adds. "He has a scratched retina and that's why he wears the shades inside." She finished.

Merida looked at her. "You got all that in one day?" She asked.

"I got all that in between bells after the third period." Rap answers. "So, baggies. He's all mine. I saw him first."

"Actually, Elsa saw him first," Merida told her.

"She did not."

"Uh. Yeah, she did." I start. "She was talking to him this morning."

Rapunzel rolled her eyes. "Fine." 

From the distance at seeing him at a bench. He was sketching again. "You know what, guys? I'm gonna skip out." I say.

"What do you mean? It's tryouts." Punz said to me.

"It's better than IDOL," Merida added.

"You guys enjoy. I'll catch up with you later." I say. I throw them a smile and take off. I walk over to the bench sitting next to him. "Whatcha doing?" I ask him.

Hiccup looked up from what he was doing, giving me a faint smile as he saw me, but it immediately fell as he went back to what he was doing. "Nothing."

"Doesn't look like nothing," I say.

"Just nothing." He sighed.

"So?" I start.

"So.. What?" He echoed still not looking to me.

"What do you do for fun?" I suddenly asked.

"It depends." He answered.

"Depends on what?"

"My mood." Before I could say anything else a football, thrown by Snotlout flew towards me at full speed. Hiccup suddenly caught it, with one hand. He looked at the ball then to me. He then stood up looking over to Snotlout. "I think you missed!" He called to him, throwing the ball back. Whoa. He's got a good throw. But... How fix he even see the ball coming.

"How did you--" I start.

"I used to play football." He cut me off as if he knew what I was going to say. I look at him, he lowered his sunglasses, looking at me. I look at him. It's like he can tell what someone is going to do before they do it.