Chapter 12: Still hate him

I ran through the forest faster than I ever had before, my body seething with anger. How many different people did Stiles plan on letting sleep in his bed?! Isaac had been cuddling with Stiles. I pumped my legs faster. I ran for hours and watched as the sky slowly grew lighter. When I walked into the loft, it was around 5am and the sun was beginning to peek above the horizon. I smelled Isaac, asleep in his room and huffed angrily in his direction. My legs were wobbly underneath me and I collapsed into my bed, immediately falling asleep.

When I woke up it was late afternoon, and I heard the loft door slide open downstairs. I smelled French vanilla, wood and pepper. Isaac. The anger and jealousy burst into my skull again as I sat up in bed angrily and stomped down the stairs. I stood in front of him with my arms crossed and glared.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" He snapped.

"What were you doing in Stiles bed last night?" I asked heatedly.

"Sleeping," he replied innocently, shrugging.

"Sleeping." I echoed. He nodded and continued to stare at me, waiting for my reaction.

I couldn't stop the shift, I was so angry, and it wasn't working as an anchor this time. His eyes widened as he watched me shift, but he recovered quickly and shifted himself. We crouched into a fighting stance simultaneously and faced each other. Low growls were escaping our throats as we circled around the loft. Suddenly I pounced, knocking Isaac back as I threw a punch at his face. He threw me off and landed a punch in my abdomen, knocking the breath from my body momentarily. I flipped up off of the floor and tackled him to the ground. I was drawing my arm back to lay another punch on him when the loft door screeched open and Stiles ran inside. He wretched me off of Isaac and helped him up from the floor.

"What the hell guys?" He yelled, looking between us. "Derek?"

He waited for me to explain and I took a deep, steadying breath. His scent of vanilla spice and crunchy leaves filled my nostrils and I tried to relax. The familiar shiver of heat coursed through my body at the sight of my spark.

"Nothing!" I snapped, glaring at the two of them, Stiles hand was still on Isaac's arm. I tried not to look at it.

"Whatever, don't tell me. But we do need to talk about last night. What the hell was that?" He barked, looking from Isaac to me.

Isaac spoke up first. "I didn't do anything! I just fell asleep and when I woke up the werecoyote was growling at me. I was just defending myself."

Stiles nodded and looked at me, waiting. I sighed, knowing I would have to tell the truth. The fox would know if I was lying. I looked at him, my face deadpan, and tried to find something to say that wouldn't be incredibly embarrassing.

"Look, I was just doing my usual nightly run across town and I decided to go by your house to check on you. I heard the growling in your room and thought you were in danger." Ha, not a lie. Technically. I checked on him nearly every night.

He narrowed his eyes, but seemed to accept my explanation. I couldn't help myself as I asked the question that had been on my mind all night.

"Is Isaac going to be sleeping in your bed now?" I blurted. Stiles blushed and looked at the curly haired werewolf, who smiled shyly at him. I felt the jealousy well up again, and when their heads snapped to look at me I knew they could smell it.

"Wait... are you jealous right now?" Stiles questioned, his head cocked curiously to the side. I growled and made to run up the stairs, but the quick fox was already in front of me, blocking my way. "Where do you think you're going sour wolf?"