Chapter 16: What now?

It felt like my head exploded when I locked my lips with his soft, full ones. My skin was on fire. I had been thinking about doing this since I walked out his front door. Okay, longer. Since that first day on the preserve I've been thinking about this. I moved my lips a little against his, but held my position. I ran my tongue along his soft lips... I concentrated on controlling myself and pulled away, despite desperately not wanting to. I was breathing hard and shaking a little, but I controlled it quickly. I shook the dazed fog out of my mind and looked at him.

"If Isaac gets to kiss you, so do I," I stated matter of factly.

Stiles was shell shocked and hadn't moved an inch. His liquid honey eyes were looking at me in disbelief. His heart was hammering in his chest but he seemed to regain his bearings as he took a deep breath.

"He didn't kiss me like that," he said breathily, touching his fingers to his lips. "He just pecked my cheek innocently in thanks. There was nothing innocent about what you just did to my face."

I smirked at him and shrugged, moving to the window to make my escape before I pushed Stiles' limits. He pounced on my back and we fell to the floor with a thud. I rolled off of him quietly and moved to straddle him where he lay on the floor.

"What do you think you're doing?" I hissed.

"Thwarting your escape!" He answered in an angry whisper. "You can't just kiss me like that and then jump out the window!"

"Sure I can," I said cockily, placing another quick kiss on his lips, I moved off of him and sailed out the window. I rolled into a crouch on the ground below and grinned up at him standing in the window.

I heard something about an asshat, but I ignored him. I took off through the trees in triumph, still riding the high of finally getting to kiss Stiles. I had waited long enough, spent enough time thinking that I would never get to, that he would never feel the same way. I felt completely elated. He had wanted more, I could tell. I kissed Stiles. And he kissed me back. He hadn't wanted me to leave.

I knew he wasn't into Malia, he had pretty much made that clear. Although if she had figured it out yet, I couldn't tell. The only other threat was Isaac. Stiles would have to choose, and I doubted it would be easy for him. He seemed to really like Isaac, and I just hoped that he would discover that he likes me more. I'll just have to make it easy for him. I have to make myself the obvious choice. How do I do that? I've never been good at this. My footsteps faltered as the thought crossed my mind. Maybe I shouldn't get too excited yet. He still had to choose. He might not choose me. And that would hurt. I had to work hard for this if I wanted him to pick me.

Isaac had called me a cryptic asshole when he accused me of being the reason for Stiles' panic attack. Stiles had said he thought I hated him. I was never good at communicating, but I needed to be more clear. I needed to make sure he knew what I wanted and how I felt. The kiss was a start, I think. As I got farther away from the house, the need to turn around got stronger. It felt like there was a rope attaching me to Stiles, and it got tighter and tighter, the pull stronger and stronger. The power of the Spark had increased with that kiss. Stiles is my Spark, I am his anchor. That meant something, didn't it?

* * * *

"You- you asshat," I said heatedly.

I watched as the idiot werewolf took off through the trees, angry and bewildered. And a little turned on, to say the least. WHAT THE FUCK. How dare he do that and then just leave. I fell back onto my bed with a thump, sprawling across it haphazardly. Derek Hale just kissed me. On the lips. And I loved it, I wanted more. His lips felt perfect, incredible, right. Two different men had kissed me today. It felt like he had latched a chain around my chest and was yanking on it, pulling harder and harder as he ran away. I tried to ignore the pulling inside me as I pieced my insane life together in my head.