Chapter 14: Hate him a little less

Scott was angry. Relieved, but angry.

"Where the hell were you guys all night?!" The alpha demanded, his eyes flashing red. "You could have called, or checked your phones. It was a full moon! You could have killed someone. Someone could have gotten hurt! You could have killed each other!" He yelled angrily.

I rolled my eyes at him. "Scott, you know full well that Isaac and I have complete control. And Stiles was with us, so he was safe. There was nothing to worry about." I said flatly.

He narrowed his eyes at me. "Whatever! You could have let us know! I didn't know he was with you!"

I rolled my eyes again. "Scott, you're a werewolf. You could have tracked us by scent if you wanted to," I pointed out.

He threw up his hands in exasperation, "I was a little busy! I couldn't just leave Liam and Malia while I went chasing after you three!" He yelled. He had a fair point there, so I shut my mouth. Isaac and I both let out small whimpers at our alphas anger, not liking it when he's upset.

"We're really sorry Scott, it won't happen again," Stiles whimpered quietly.

Scott's face softened as he looked at his best friend. He pulled him into his arms and hugged him tightly. "I was just worried," he said into Stiles shoulder, closing his eyes. I felt a pang of jealousy, but I pushed it aside. They're best friends and they love each other, relax.

"I know, but I'm okay. I was safe with Derek and Isaac," he responded, hugging Scott a little tighter. Scott nodded against his chin and released him, brushing his fingertips across the skin of his throat casually. Scenting him because he smells like me and Isaac.

Malia and Liam had been safely chained all night, and had even fallen asleep against their restraints in the early morning hours. So despite our disappearance, there were no traumatic events, and Liam had a safe first full moon. I admired the way Scott was with the betas he had changed himself. I had never been that good at communicating, but it came as easy as breathing for him. Communicating with my own betas had been a challenge for me when I was an alpha. But Scott, he was a natural. There's definitely a reason he's a true alpha. Isaac and I were his betas too, and he cared about us. But not in the same way as he did Stiles and Liam, and I understood.

Once we were packed up, we all headed back to our respective homes. All of the teenagers had to be at school in an hour. I was reluctant to leave Stiles, but I tried to ignore the feeling. When we got back I went to sleep again, it was still too early for me to be awake. I'm not a morning person, at all. I slept until I felt refreshed. When I rolled out of bed it was close to noon, and I decided today would be a good day to clean the loft, maybe make a grocery list and do some shopping. I started with a shower, even though it would wash away Stiles' scent. I was dirty from sleeping on the ground and definitely needed it.

Once I was cleaned up I started with the laundry. I gathered all of the dirty clothes in my room and the moved to Isaac's. As I was picking up the articles of clothing scattered across the room, I smelled Stiles on several pieces and felt the jealousy again. I roughly shoved the clothes in the washer and got the load started. Good riddance. I spent the rest of my time dusting, sweeping and mopping. I cleaned out the fridge and was making a list for the store when Isaac got home from school.

"Are you making a grocery list? Can we pleeease get some jerky and chocolate bars?" He whined at me. I rolled my eyes. It's literally like having a child.

"Yes Isaac, I'll get the jerky and chocolate." I said exasperatedly. He smiled his brilliant smile at me and went to head up the stairs to his room when I interrupted. "IF, you fold the clean laundry and remake the beds," I said sweetly.