Chapter 29: Relief

I love Derek Hale. Of course I do. I think I already knew, before I even said it to Scott. I knew when I woke up that morning and found him missing. I am in love with the grouchiest, most cryptic, most impossible werewolf in existence. I could not believe how much things in my life had changed. A few months ago, I was convinced the guy hated me, but begrudgingly continued to save my life because I was a weak ass human. And I thought he was the most frustrating, dangerous and angry man I had ever met. Now, I'm in love with him.

Well, this would make the whole mates thing simpler, I snorted. The relief that was coursing through my body was almost painful. Derek is here, with me, he's okay, and he's mine. As soon as we had started kissing, Scott left the room with an awkward cough. Derek had proceeded to run his hands all over my body, gently and thoroughly. I desperately wished we were alone as I continued to attack his mouth with mine. He returned the kisses eagerly, expertly winding his tongue into my mouth. I moaned softly as he explored, intertwining my tongue with his. How on earth did he know how to do exactly what would make my head spin? After a few minutes, he pulled away reluctantly.

"Stiles..." he said, biting his lip.

"Whaaat?" I whined, unimpressed with the sudden absence of his tongue in my mouth.

He laughed quietly as he ran his fingers through my hair, "Now isn't really the time..." he said, looking at the other occupants of the room pointedly.

I scoffed at him. "I don't care! They're sleeping anyway," I said in a whisper and kissed his mouth passionately. I moved down to his neck, licking his soft skin and then sinking my teeth in. Claiming what is mine. He growled hotly, pulling me closer.

"What are you doing to me Stiles Stilinski?" He moaned in my ear as his hands squeezed my ass. I shivered and he moved his mouth down to my neck, no doubt to mimic my actions. Sure enough, I felt the pain of his teeth sinking into my skin and let out a satisfied growl at the sensation.

There was movement in the bed next to ours and I heard a low whine coming from Liam. "Guys, seriously... I can smell your shenanigans from here," he said. "I'm glad you're okay, by the way," he added.

"Thanks Liam," Derek said quietly.

I grinned at him in the darkness, but felt a little guilty. "Sorry! Go back to sleep puppy," I cooed at him. He gave me a little smile and fell asleep.

Derek was frowning at me, I could feel it. I turned to look at him, trying to decipher his thoughts. What's he grouchy about now?

"What is it sour wolf?" I whispered at him. He just continued to look at me. I huffed in annoyance. "Am I a lie detector? Yes. Mind reader? No. Use your words big guy."

His frowned deepened. "When I woke up... you smelled like Liam and Isaac." He stated.

"Okay...?" I trailed off questioningly.

"I remember everything from- before. It's foggy, but it's there. They were touching you- and sleeping with you... they- love you," he finished quietly. I could hear the hurt in his voice. So that's why he had been touching me all over when he came out of it... to get rid of their scent.

I frowned at him. "First of all, I resent that insinuation. Second- you're being ridiculous. You know Isaac and I aren't like that anymore, we're just close. And somehow, Liam and I got closer too. We just care about each other, Derek. I don't know how to explain it. I feel- I feel like I need to protect them. To take care of them and make sure they're okay. I love them like they're my kid brothers," I tried to explain the new, odd feelings I'd been having. "All of them. Everyone in the pack. They're like family. I love them and I would die for them. You understand don't you?"