Chapter 35: Is that it? Of course it isn't.

By the time we got back to Derek's loft, where we knew the rest of the pack would be waiting, I was fully healed. Perhaps a little traumatized, but physically fine. Despite my newfound powers as a werefox, Kate Argent still scared me. She was a crazy, sadistic, knowledgeable, psychopath, and none of those were a good combination. Actually, she reminded me a lot of Derek's uncle, Peter. They were nearly identical. And just as creepy.

"What ever happened to your uncle, Derek? After he resurrected himself using Lydia," I asked. He frowned at my random question as we pulled into the parking lot of the loft.

"He's got an apartment somewhere in town. He's shown up at the loft a few times... but seeing as I always end up threatening his life in irritation, he rarely comes around. Why?" He asked, eyeing me with confusion.

"I don't know... just a feeling," I said casually. I didn't know why I had asked the question myself. I opened my door and Derek was already there, reaching to help me get out. I sighed.

"Derek- I'm fine. I'm totally healed. You don't have to baby me," I said with irritation. I can get my own damn self out of the Jeep we had picked up from my house. My Jeep. That he wouldn't let me drive.

"Stiles. You were just kidnapped and tortured by my psycho ex-girlfriend that burned, nearly my entire family, alive. You're not leaving my sight. Ever, again," he said hotly.

"Ugh... this is going to get so old, so fast," I whined. But I didn't complain as he pulled me against his side and headed for the front door.

He pulled the loft door open and Scott launched himself at me, arms extended as he pulled me against his body. Effectively ripping me from Derek's grasp.

"Oh Stiles, thank god," he said, his voice muffled because his face was in my neck. I felt warm in his embrace and hugged him back fiercely. He wasn't letting go anytime soon. "What happened?" He asked.

Derek was making a low growling sound in his chest and I rolled my eyes. Dear lord. I ignored him. Mostly because he was being completely ridiculous. Scott is my brother.

"Kate took the triskelion medallion and disappeared," I said simply. "But I've got a sneaky suspicion we won't be seeing the last of her just yet."

Derek's growling was growing louder, and I felt his hand on my lower back possessively as he moved closer. Scott was growling now too, not moving from his position around my body.

"Guys, come on. Can we not do this now? Can't I just have one moment of peace?" I demanded angrily as I untangled myself from Scott and marched away from the two idiots.

Liam and Isaac were already walking towards me and I hugged them together. Relief coursing through me at seeing that they were unharmed. Lydia was next, and she squeezed me tightly. I smiled at Malia, Kira and Mason in turn.

"Everyone's okay?" I confirmed.

"Yeah, thanks to you!" Mason said with a grateful smile.

"Well now- I couldn't just let them hurt my pups, now could I?" I said agreeably.

Mason laughed and Lydia smiled widely. "Stiles, you're such a mother hen," she teased.

I grinned back. "You're the second person to say that to me," I mused.

"Stiles is totally the mother of the pack," Malia agreed, her big goofy smile plastered on her face. I rolled my eyes at her mockery.

"Alright, alright. Enough about my womanly qualities! We have more pressing matters," I said, flailing my arms about.