Day 8: Messy Dinner

Day 8: Messy Dinner

"Woohoo! We did it, Joon!" You make the toast. You knew confidently Namjoon wouldn't let his team down. He was born to be the best leader anyone could ever possibly wish for. Team dinner was, of course, a mandatory part every time your team gets to see the face of success.

Namjoon heard none of it and forced everyone to attend from the team, including Jimin who wished nothing more than just to ditch the celebration altogether.

You didn't particularly enjoy seeing his face at that moment, especially right after he acted like an asshole and partly also Evans warning was still fresh in your ear. Not to mention, how during the entire meeting, he did not leave his heated gaze from you.

He took a seat in between Evan and Taehyung. You were seated on the opposite side facing Luna who was seated next to Taehyung. Next to both side of you were Namjoon and Yoongi.

You kept glancing towards Jimin once in a while, yet each time you see his eyes glued to the table with his brows stubbornly knitted. You could also notice his grip around the shot glass, clenching hard. If anyone batted their eyes towards him, they would pick up his angry gesture in a given second.

"Alright, this wouldn't be possible without you guys. Thank you so so much." Namjoon shares.

"Okay, now don't cry! Sit your ass down and chug this." Yoongi forwards the glass. You laugh and cheer along with your peers for Namjoon to perform bottoms up with Yoongi.

You clap cheerfully and loudly. You weren't particularly feeling the best at the moment. So many things were circulating around your brain. To break free from the wrong thoughts, you decide to over involve with others and put your best happy face in order to conceal the pain around your heart.

"Yoongi and Y/n, do a couple shot!" Evan cheers. Others immediately begins to clap the table to make noises.

"Of course, I think that was promised by me." Yoongi winks towards your direction.

"Don't pass out like the last time!" Taehyung teasingly yells.

You felt a pair of eyes on you. The eyes were making you more uncomfortable than you already were. Heart racing nastily, you wanted to reject the idea. However, seeing Yoongi so excited and happy made your heart to be defeated by his demand and give in.

"Of course! How can I reject that!" You giggle. You felt like you needed some sort of alcohol in your system to be more courageous to face the truth that Evan whispered to you earlier.

You pick up the glass and intertwine your arms with Yoongi, crossover before you chug down the liquid down your throat. The alcohol felt extra strong today, you didn't know if it was due to the alcohol level or the conflict in your head.

You laugh along Yoongi as everyone cheered for you. "Guys! Let's dig into the food! I'm so hungry!" Namjoon speaks before grabbing the serving.

"You know, I recently just moved into a new house." As everyone begins to talk, Evan decided to announce, grabbing attention to herself.

Everyone, especially the male members of your team pays immediate attention to her. You can't blame them, she is indeed very beautiful and a nice person. Everything about her was very ideal. She has been a great friend to you and a great colleague to others.

"Is this your way of inviting us to your housewarming party?" Yoongi laughs along. Evan lets out a little giggle before countering, "I wouldn't mind if you guys come." She smiles.

"How about you make it next week, I cannot make it this week, wait did you even say when the party is?" Namjoon blabbers. You look at your boss blurting out. You could tell his alcohol was speaking already.