Chapter 16

WINNIE'S POV

After our lunch, Chris took me to a mall and into a two storey classy  boutique. Behind a counter, I saw a face that I haven't seen in years. "You've got to be kidding me. Abby?! I didn't know I will be meeting the same Abby that I knew but it's really you! What a small world." Laughing and hugging Abby, I just can't believe it. My dear friend. "Winnie! Oh Winnie... I'm so happy to see you again. I can't believe it too but you're here." We laughed and hugged each other, oblivious to our surroundings. "How have you been and what are you doing here with him?" Abby poked Chris' chest twice.

"You two know each other?! Well that's wonderful. Surprise surprise. How?" Chris asked with his brows scrunched together. I looked at Abby and she looked at me with a smile before I said, "We used to be sparring partners in our taekwando classes." Hugging her again, Abby said, "I miss those days but I guess I will not be sparring with you anytime soon." "Why?" "Motherhood," and she grinned. Both Chris and I said, "You're pregnant?!" "Shh... Keep your voices down."

Turning towards Chris, Abby had a serious expression on her face when she asked him, "Okay enough about me. Why did you bring Winnie here and what's going on between you two?" Chris put his right hand through my fingers and smiled sweetly at me. "Abby. I need you to help my girlfriend here with a dress for tonight. It's our first date." Laughing and hugging us both, "Does anyone else know about you two?" "Only Sam knows." "Okay... First date huh? Leave her to me and I will get my team here to doll her up for you. What's tonight's occasion?" "An opening ceremony for a restaurant." "Okay.... Chris. Why don't you go back home and get ready. Waiting here wouldn't do any good for us because you will be a wonderful distraction for my ladies here." When Abby said that, I noticed the ladies in the boutique are watching him. I don't like it one bit. Can't they see he's with me? Wait. Why am I like this? Is this jealousy? So soon? "Thanks Abby. Winnie. I'll come back for you in two hours." Giving me a gentle kiss on my lips, he left with a melting smile. He'll be the death of me.

"Oh yeah. I can see that he's are crazy about you. How did you two meet?" I told Abby the whole thing about us knowing each from high school and meeting each other again at his parent's home. I don't want to tell Abby about our intimacy. That's just too personal for me and I don't think I should tell. "My my... Who would have guessed Chris had a secret crush on someone for years and the lucky girl is you. Oh Winnie... What's important is that he loves you. I can see that from the way he looks at you." Pointing at my pendant, "That's a very beautiful piece you wearing. Is it from him?" Touching my pendant, "Yes. It's beautiful, isn't it? Chris asked me not to take it off." Abby tapped her nose with her finger and said, "Then I will need to dress you up to enhance that necklace. I know just the piece that goes with it." Clapping her hands, "Ladies! Let's get to work. Show my dear friend here all the white dinner gowns." White?

Abby insisted that I have to take a shower first before they start work on me so she led me to the boutique's bathroom. There's a bathroom in a boutique? I quickly washed my hair and body. There was a white lacy underwear in a small basket and a small bag for my clothes. Did they forget the bra? I felt weird wearing the underwear. I had always bought cotton underwears and non lacy bras.  Wearing a bathrobe, I went out of the bathroom. Seeing my worried expression, "What's wrong Winnie?" "I think you forgot to include a bra in the basket." Chuckling, "Winnie. There's a reason for that. You'll thank me later." With that, she winked at me and went to another room. The ladies worked their magic on my hair and on my face. They wouldn't allow me to look at a mirror.

CHRISTIAN'S POV

CHRISTIAN'S POV

     MORGAN FAMILY GROUP CHAT

Mom: Chris! I can't believe u didn't bother 2 tell us Winnie is yor gf since a week ago! 😤

Dad: I like her. 😉

Tim: Who's Winnie?

Jared: Wow. So soon? 😆 I'm not surprised. Happy 4 u Chris. 😊

Chris: Sorry mom. 😘 I did planned 2 tell u guys abt her but I 4got Sam is there 2 tell u both. 😬

Tim: Who's Sam? I think I read somethng abt u wit a girl few days ago. That was true?

Chris: 🤦‍♂️ I'll call u later Tim.

Okay... Now everyone knows. Back to Winnie, I wonder what magic Abby did on her. She did wonders on Chloe the last time we had a dinner together in public. As I stepped inside the boutique and searched for Winnie, I found her in a room with a killer white dress on that's out to get every male species out there. I now know what Tim and Jared felt when Abby and Chloe wore those dresses. "Um... Abby. Winnie's boobs are going to spill out." "No they won't. Trust me. Not every woman can wear this dress. Winnie have the boobs for it. Get it?" Laughing at her own joke, "Winnie. Can you breathe?" "Yes but it's a little tight around my chest." "Okay... I'll have to loosen up those strings a bit because it does look a little tight on you. Now please give us another few minutes and we are done here. Ladies... Put her tab on my account." "Hey... I..." Putting up her hand, Abby said, "Shush. It's on me. She's family."

When Winnie came out 10 minutes later, she was wearing a small furry white coat. She looks so happy and beautiful that I momentarily forgot what she's wearing underneath her coat. "You look amazing Winnie. Ready to go on our first date?" Blushing and smiling, "Yes. You look very handsome Chris." "I have to look handsome so that you wouldn't look at other guys." Playfully smacking my arm, we left for the restaurant.