Chapter 20

WINNIE'S POV

Chris said he had an urgent matter at Morgan's headquarters so he will not be able to accompany me tonight. He looked quite unsettled since we left the gym so I guess it's truly something he needs to get done tonight.

Standing in front of their mansion reminded me of the first time that I saw Chris a month ago. He is so handsome with that blazing blue eyes of his and I was too shy to even look at him. Those high school years don't count because I don't remember ever seeing him back then. When Kathy opened the front door, she had this warm smile on her face and I suddenly felt homesick. That's weird.

"Oh Winnie... There you are. It's so wonderful to see you again my dear." "I'm happy to see you too Kathy. Thank you for letting Sam stay over last weekend. I can tell he had a great time here and thank you again for having both of us here for the weekend." Laughing before saying, "Oh Winnie. Think nothing of it. I'm happy to have you both here. You're such a sweet girl. I just hope this dear boy of mine knows what a precious gem you are." Chris shook his head and chuckled. "Of course I know mom." "Oh um Christian. I am expecting you to be back as soon as possible." "By morning mom. By morning." He gave me a soft peck on my lips and gave Kathy a bear hug before driving off.

"That boy." Kathy sighed heavily and put her hands on my shoulders, "Come on my dear." Kathy led me to the room that I stayed before. Before going inside the room, Kathy said, "Winnie. I have prepared a few essential things on the bed. If I'm not mistaken, it should be about tomorrow." Tomorrow? I saw what the things were and I'm a little surprised that she remembered. "Why don't you take a shower and meet me down in the kitchen? I have something special for you there. Sam had already gone to bed. I think he was extra tired tonight. He shouldn't have stayed too long in the pool this afternoon. Well... Boys will be boys."

After my hot shower, I went down to their kitchen and saw Kathy sitting on one of the high stools around a kitchen island. On the table, there is a medium sized bowl with a dark hot soup in it. The soup's aroma is unfamiliar to me but it smells wonderfully mouth watering. "What is this?" "It's a Chinese herbal chicken soup and it's for you." Kathy gave me a spoon and said, "Go on and take a sip." After taking a careful sip, I can't stop myself from saying, "Oh wow. Now this... This is what I call a chicken soup. It's amazing." Kathy is smiling ear to ear when she said, "I'm so glad that you liked it. Now take your time with that hot soup. If you want another bowl, there's more in that pot." She pointed to dark looking pot that looks like witch's pot. "That's what I first thought before I bought that pot," Kathy laughed. I spoke out loud again. "Our family loves Chinese food so I try to learn new recipes in my free time."

The two of us continued to chat while I enjoyed the chicken soup. "Winnie. Are you truly happy with Christian?" "Yes. Yes I am." Kathy held my hands and said, "Thank you." "Why thank me?" "Thank you for loving Christian and for making him less lonely," and she hugged me. He was? He doesn't seem to be. "Oh Winnie... I like talking to you. I guess being the only female in this family kind of makes me yearn for a female companion to chat with. Say... How about the four of us get together tomorrow for lunch and maybe a little shopping? Yes that's it. Is that okay with you Winnie?" "Four of us?" "Yes. You, me, Abby and Chloe. It will be so much fun." Kathy's eyes are gleaming with pure excitement. Why not? "Okay." "I will text Abby and Chloe about tomorrow. I hope they can come." I couldn't stop myself from yawning and Kathy said, "Oh dear... I think it's bedtime for you. Now you can just leave the bowl on the table. I will take care of it." "You cooked the soup for me so can I at least wash it Kathy?" Kathy smiled before nodding her okay. "Kathy... Thank you again for the amazing soup." "No need to thank me Winnie. You are family."

Kathy hugged me before I went inside my room. I liked it when she softly taps my back when she hugged me. "Good night my dear." "Good night Kathy."

That night I had this wonderful dream of Chris smelling so wonderfully fresh from a hot shower giving me soft kisses on my forehead and on my lips. He put his right palm on my left cheek and his thumb kept rubbing my lower lips. It was such a gentle touch from a big man. I love you Christian Morgan. Yes... It is such a wonderful dream.