Chapter 7: Asmodeus:A trip to Hell

Magnus came out of the portal in his loft .The clock was ticking fast and he needed to be quick. He went to his office ,took out the spellbook kept that open at a page on his work-table .He then took out the necessary equipments for making the pentagram on the floor.

He was going to Edom ...the place which he dreaded the most . He needed greater magical power to save his husband and that could come from only one place and to be specific ...from one person in particular ....his Father Asmodeus ...the most powerful prince of Hell.

Alexander would have stopped him from going to those dimensions of Hell .But he was not there to stop him .And now whatever he was doing it was only and only for Alexander and no one else.

The pentagram was ready now. Magnus went at the centre triangle of the pentagram .He took a deep breath and said to himself "I will bring you back Alexander....I will not live without you." Then he set the pentagram on fire with his magic . His skin started burning with the fire ...but it did not bother him ...no pain was more than the emptiness in his heart . Gradually he sunk inside the pentagram to the lower dimensions...to the Hell.

Magnus landed in Edom . The demonic environment gagged him for a few seconds in the beginning .It had been centuries that he visited Edom. He headed towards his Father's palace.

Magnus entered the palace .He could remember the familiar arrangements of the place. He spent some dreadful years there when he was taught to control his magic as he was young . But he had always prayed to the Universe to keep him away from the lower dimensions. But here he stood again as the same Universe had showed her cruelty and had taken away the most treasured person from him.

Magnus could sense the presence of Asmodeus . His magic and power were unique. Magnus could sense them from distance . He followed his senses to reach to his Father.

Magnus entered a well furnished room with furnitures showing cruel taste . Magnus could see his Father's back as he was strolling on the space between the furnitures.

Magnus gathered all courage in his body and reminded himself of the purpose for which he was there. He cleared his dry throat with a voice that would reach his Father's ears he said "Father ....how ....how are you?".

Asmodeus was snapped out of his reverie with the voice . He looked up to the source of the voice and within seconds there developed a cruel smile on his face.

To Magnus it seemed as if his father was waiting his visit . It seemed a little strange to him . But was it not his father was waiting his cooperation to rule over the whole of lower dimension for a long time ? A sudden appearence of Magnus might have rekindled that hope in him.

Asmodeus in a forceful happy voice:" My boy ....to what do I owe the pleasure of your holy visit within the demonic walls of this palace?" Asmodeus went forward and embraced his boy . Magnus stood there like a statue neither welcoming the embrace nor rejecting it altogether. He was not happy to meet his father . This was not a father-son reunion .He was there on a purpose.

"Father ...I have come here to seek your help. " said Magnus with a low, determined voice .

Asmodeus with a mock chuckle: " Help ???...Now the prince of Hell would be helping to solve the petty problems of warlock clients ."

Magnus : " No Father ...it is serious than that . Alexander,a nephilim is dead because of the attack of a greater demon Agamon which to your knowledge is from your kingdom . It got lose from your kingdom . So Father ...I want your magic to bring him back to life. "

Asmodeus looked at Magnus with same cruel smile plastered on his lips . That smile was making him doubtful about his father's intentions .

Asmodeus:" A nephilim boy , Alexander. You want to bring him back to life . Is his family paying you so dearly that you are desperate to bring him back or is there some other reason ? "

Magnus looked at his father with grief-stricken eyes and said :" Father....Alexander Gideon Ligtwood , the concerned nephilim ....is ....is my husband . I am married to him for the last three years . I love him too much .If he did not come back to life I would have no option other than ending my life as well. I don't want to live without him .....
Father he is your son-in-law ..your family ...please bring him back to life ."

Asmodeus looked at Magnus with no words. As if he was trying to frame up somthing . Magnus understood that family,relations , love , compassion ...these are of no value to his father . He was the prince of Hell. He just knew to rule and nothing else.

Surprizing Magnus ,Asmodeus hugged him and said " Oh Magnus ...I did not know my son was married . You did not call me on your special day . I am offended. I would have been happy for you. Its alright ...now may be not the time for these talks ." Asmodeus pulled away from Magnus gently and said " Give me some time to find out where the soul of my son-in-law Alexander is at the moment and I would come with you to give back him his soul and you..your happiness. "

Saying this Asmodeus strided quickly towards the inner rooms..may be had gone for the said task of finding Alec's soul.

Magnus stood in the room stunned . He did not expect this. Asmodeus accepted ●Magnus ,●his marriage to a nephilim , ●the nephilim as his son-in-law and ●now helping him to bring back Alexander to life .
This is too very good to be true. He expected an argument , fight , bad dealings , probably even trading his own magic , his power with Asmodeus to bring Alexander back.

Magnus waited patiently for Asmodeus . He was feeling dizzy now .How could all these be so easy ?May be Magnus was thinking too much . Sometimes loneliness changes people. His father was lonely . May be that's why he wanted to embrace his family ...which was good and might be true.

Asmodeus came back. Magnus was watching each and every movement of Asmodeus to find out any sign of conspiracy . He came to Magnus and said , " Alexander Gideon Lightwood has a powerful soul, son ..his soul is a part of Angel Raziel and Angel Gabriel. His soul is waiting now before the closed doors of Heaven . We should bring him back before his soul gets disintegrated and absorbed in the Greater souls of the Angels. I hope you have protected his body . "

Magnus : " Yes Father ...he is in the New York Institute ."

Asmodeus :" Okay ..lets get to your place quickly and bring his body back to your place . There I can use my magic with your power and bring your Alexander back ."

Magnus was looking at Asmodeus with doubt and shock and managed to utter the words " What do you want in return ?"

Asmodeus looked at Magnus and said " I am your Father and Alexander is my family ...I am doing this for my family ...and for my son's happiness. Yet if you wanted to still give me something ...then I Will Ask For The Right Gift When The Time Will Come. Promise me that you will not say No then ."

And he smiled at Magnus . Magnus though still had doubts in his mind about his Father's intentions thought of following his Father's words as presently he didn't have any other alternative and chose not to answer back to his father. It was wise to remain silent.

Asmodeus snapping Magnus out of his thoughts said in a hurried tone" Come on son we must not waste any more seconds and head to your place now ...."

Magnus nodded and moved out of the palace expecting Asmodeus to follow him.

To be continued....

****please vote if you like the story*****