Chapter 26: The alliance.

Jace was in the training room when his phone rang. He came out of the room in the silent corridor of the institute . It was almost evening and Magnus was calling him .He did not hear anything from Alec since morning and he himself was too busy to call him . Also because of Alec being pregnant ...Magnus had blocked their Parabatai rune for the time being with a spell....so he could not feel what Alec was feeling any more.

He picked up the phone and said " Hey Glittery Man...what's up? Is Alec okay ...how are the babies doing ?Do they miss their Uncle Jace?"

"Jace ..." said Magnus in a worried and shaky voice.

"Its Alec and I need your help now. I am opening a portal from Institute to my loft ..just come quickly" finished Magnus.

"O.k." said Jace understanding that there was something serious about Alec.

Jace came to the loft through the portal. Clary and Izzy were both in Idris attending some Clave's meeting as representatives of the Head of the New York Institute.

"What about Alec? Is he okay ?" blurted out Jace worriedly to Magnus.

"He is...he is in Edom" said Magnus anticipating Jace's reaction.

"What ...in Edom....how... how will  he survive there....he has angel blood Magnus" said Jace.

" Because of his babies who have half demonic blood...he will survive in Edom....but the problem is much more serious..."  said Magnus and paused.

Jace looked questioningly ,his eyes were asking for more explanation.

"OKAY...the problem is Asmodeus . He wants the babies . He wanted to combine my power with his to get a greater power to rule the whole of lower dimension. So he took advantage of Alec's condition when he was dead and planfully placed a womb with his power inside Alec's body. Thus the babies got the combined power of Asmodeus and me ...which is exactly what Asmodeus wanted . Now he wants those babies.....to fulfill his obnoxious ambitions. "
said Magnus.

"I knew it .....with Asmodeus ...something was going to come....something seriously bad ...and now Alec is at stake...."  said Jace raking a hand through his tuft of golden locks.

"But ...I am not blaming you ....probably ...I would have done the same thing if I were at your position."said Jace patting Magnus' shoulders.

"What is your plan to get to Alec?" said Jace.

" The bonding rune ...I and you shall go to Edom and release Alec " said Magnus.

" So...get ready ..." said Jace with the stele on his hand.

Magnus nodded his head.

To be continued.........