Chapter 11 : The Dinner

With the departure of the loud Lightwood family ,Magnus and Alec were left with Catarina . Alec was taking a nap in the bedroom or in a way rejuvenating himself from what his body endured in the last few hours .

Magnus and Catarina were at the living room .

"Magnus ..Do you really believe that your father don't want anything in return for Alec's Immortality ...both of us know that it is too good to be true. " said Catarina worriedly.

" I understand what you are saying Cat ...but I don't have any evidence to believe otherwise . First I thought that there would be something wrong with Alec's memory but to my relief he remembers everyone and everything . Alec doesn't have any change in his personality either. " said Magnus thoughtfully.

"Perhaps Asmodeus has changed . He wants his family back . He even accepted Alec as his family . He called him son-in-law. He even asked me to take care of him as Asmodeus said that Alec is going to see many miracles in the future." blurted out Magnus.

Cat raised one of her eyebrows and said almost in a whisper " see many miracles in the future".

"Hey Catarina ..." said Alec as he walked out of the bedroom yawning .

"Hey Alec ...how are you feeling "said Catarina trying to sound as normal as possible and not show the lingering doubt in her mind in her voice.

"Yah I am good ....just a little sore " said Alec

" Alexander you just need a strong cup of coffee with some snacks . You cannot expect to feel good with an empty stomach." said Magnus and then snapped his fingers . There appeared three cups of coffee and a plate of delicious Belgium Waffles for Alexander.

Alexander took the coffee and mumbled a thank you to his warlock.

Catarina stayed for dinner that day , as Alec decided to cook the dinner for both Cat and Magnus, a gesture of thanking them for saving his life .

" Alexander ...I admit you are a such a sweet man but you don't have to..you are still tired and your body needs rest. "said Magnus concerned.

" I am good Magnus and I want to .....it would be my way of saying thank you to you both " Alexander said demandingly.

Magnus could not say anything because for him Alec's desires are his decrees.

"Okay then ...go ahead " said Magnus .

" If you need any help I would be a shout apart " said Magnus and went to the living room to talk to Catarina.

LATER WHEN THEY FINISHED DINNER.....

Alec was busy washing the dishes . He was in a very good mood .Both Cat and Magnus were ecstatic eating his made dinner . He himself ate his cooked food and they were amazingly tasty.

While ..in the living room ....

" First the memory.. the referrence to a small thing read in a random mundane science book and then today's amazingly tasty food . These two things are little out of place in Alexander as I observe ...." said Magnus.

Cat looked at Magnus for further clarification.

"Look ... I admit that Alec is really smart . He has many talents . He is a sweet man and of course there are many qualities in him for which I fell for him . But cooking does not come in that long list of qualities . I admit that Alexander is not as bad a cook like his darling sister Izzy but he cooked a a four course grand Italian dinner for us with deserts and which taste amazing and that too in less than one hour .
Also I admit that he has good memory but to take a reference of a random stuff from a random book is not just Alexander type." said Magnus.

"Okay ...just keep observing him ...if you find anything out of place then tell me .." said Catarina.

Alec came to the living room wiping his hands in a kitchen towel . Both Cat and Magnus shared a look as Alec finished washing the dishes in less than five minutes and mind you Magnus doesn't have a dishwasher and Alec does not have magic to explain the speed.

Catarina stood saying " Okay ..Mr. and Mr. Lightwood-Bane .. Thank you both for the dinner . I am feeling very sleepy and have a job to attend tomorrow so ..Good night ...and enjoy your night ." Catarina winked at Magnus who was chuckling and at Alec who is now in very strong competition with tomato in terms of skin colour.

Both Alec and Magnus said good night to Catarina as she stepped into a swirling portal.

To be continued.....