Chapter 22: Can't hide anymore: Part 2

Jace, Izzy and Clary were sitting in the living room of the High Warlock of Brooklyn .

Alec was unconcious and lying in the bedroom . Catarina checked Alec and especially the baby and told Magnus that both of them were okay.

Blueberry used its strong power to kill the greater demons . Alec's body could not endure the intensity of the power and so passed out. Good amount of rest would help Alec as well as Blueberry to recuperate the impact .

Both Catarina and Magnus came out of the bedroom . They sat on the chairs taking a glance at the questioning looks hurled at the two of them by the three shadowhunters present in the room .

There were a few minutes of silence.
Jace with his paucity of patience could not bear the silence and asked " Who is this ...Blueberry? What happened to Alec ? What force protected us today from the demons? Why was Alec in so much pain ? Why could not I feel Alec's pain this time? Why Alec was glowing like a witchlight?
Why Alec passed out? Is he alright?"

"Whoa....was anybody keeping a tab on the questions because I almost forgot ...what was the first one?" Said Magnus teasingly.

" Just tell us ...what exactly is going on with Alec" asked Izzy.

Catarina looked at Magnus and Magnus nodded.

"Okay guys ...I am going to tell you what exactly is going on and before I start ...you will not interupt me in between and remember that I am Not out of my mind .... I hope Alec will forgive me since I am doing this without his consent and without his presence." said Magnus and took a deep breath.

All the shadowhunters present in the room nodded .

"So the story goes like this .... Asmodeus gave Alec immortality and ....a Womb. " said Magnus

The shadowhunters looked shocked at Magnus.

" Yes ...you heard it right .. .a womb . The excruciating pain which Jace felt through his parabati bond when Alec was brought back was because of the placing of that womb.

After some days Alec started to have morning sickness, frequent dizziness and strange cravings ...especially for Blueberry jam which Alec hated . ( Izzy had an expression then as if she found the long lost key of a lock and a faint smile appeared across her lips.)

Me and Catarina both checked Alec then and found that Alec was carrying a baby. This baby is very sensitive and has powerful magic . Its magic is very ,very strong ....stronger than my and Catarina's magic. The baby tries to protect itself and Alec when it feels that they are in danger. That is why you saw the red-yellow magic which is the baby trying to protect us from the Greater Demons . It is powerful enough to kill two Greater Demons together in one blow. But Alec's body, this time, could not cope up with the magic . He felt a tremendous pain and passed out as you saw him ."
finished Magnus with a sigh.

There was a pin drop silence in the room . The clock was ticking at its pace.

"You named it Blueberry....."said Izzy smiling.

Magnus smiled and said ," Yeah....Alec named it ...probably after his strange cravings for Blueberry Jam."

"How far is he ...." asked Clary .

"Three months" said Magnus.

"You mean to say ...Alec is ...Alec is pregnant" said Jace trying to find suitable words.

" If you want me to put it bluntly and spell out for you ....then ....yes , Alexander, my husband is pregnant with my baby for the last three months.' Said Magnus annoyed.

There came a loud sound of falling metals from the bedroom .
Magnus and Jace ran to the bedroom . They opened the door thinking of some imminent danger but saw a different picture.

Alec was on his elbows still lying on the bed . The glass on the nightstand fell on the ground with the water then soaking the carpet.

Alec in a sorry voice said " I just wanted to have some water but the glass fell from my hands.....sorry ".

Magnus snapped a glass of water in Alec's hand that were trembling which he could see then . He moved towards Alec and took the glass in his hand so that Alec could have the water. Alec finished the glass in one go and asked for more ....Magnus summoned two more glasses of water and held before Alec ...Alec gulped them fast as well.

Alec rolled back on the bed and supported his back on the head rest of the bed.

Without any introduction Izzy came and sat on the bed on the other side of Alec.

She hugged Alec and squealed in Alec's ears " Why didn't you tell me that I will be an Aunt soon."

Alec smiled hugging Izzy back and looked at a smiling Magnus.

Then she put her ears on Alec's belly and said " Hey Blueberry ....I am your Aunt Izzy and your favourite Aunt.....okay." A soothing red-yellow light came from Alec's belly and touched Izzy's head .Izzy felt the warmth of the magic.

"It likes you" said Magnus.

" This is not happening ...."said Clary and came forward....pulled Izzy away and sat beside Alec saying " Blueberry ...I am your Aunt Clary ...and ...your favourite Aunt ..." She placed her hand in that soothing magic and it swirled its warmth around her too.

"No.... I will give you two jars of Blueberry jam " declared Izzy.

" Oh...that's it ...Blueberry ....I will give you three jars of Blueberry jam and also a tumbler of Blueberry ice-cream" avowed Clary with determination.

" Ladies ...ladies....you have your whole life left to compete with each other ...but right now it is confirmed that I am Blueberry's favourite uncle as I don't have a competition." said Jace smiling.

He came forward and hugged Alec . Alec welcomed the embrace . " Congratulations....I am dying to see my nephew"...said Jace.

" Thank you ...but ...nephew?... how do you know" said Alec confused.

"Remember...our Blueberry snapped my wrist and gave me the pain of a lifetime. No girl will snap the wrist of a handsome ,good-looking,smart,intelligent Man like me, so it has to be my Nephew" said Jace.

Alec could not hold himself from laughing.

" Okay we must leave Alec and Blueberry to take rest" announced
Catarina.

Nobody argued . They said good nights to Alec and were moving out of the room just then Jace said " Alec ...you are not coming to institute till we get our little Blueberry in our hands. The paperworks will be sent to you here and you will work from home...rest of the missions I can take care off..."

"Thank you.... I will take your help Jace ...but not now ...when I will start showing ....I will start work from home and make you the acting Head of the institute." said Alec thankfully.

"Anything for my Parabatai ...Alec" said Jace.

Jace nodded and left the room along with others.

Soon the loft had only two people Alec and Magnus.

Alec was already asleep . Magnus swiftly entered inside the covers and cuddled Alec. Alec snuggled into Magnus ,even when he was asleep.

Magnus gently caressed Alec's  belly and said " Blueberry ....you have got lovely Aunts and Uncle....they are already in love with you."

Magnus kissed Alec on his forehead and slowly went into deep sleep as a soothing red-yellow magic ensnarled both the couples lovingly.

To be continued.........