A Broken Heart

Continuing from the last chapter*

Becky had taken their therapist idea and ran with it. When she brought up having her and Travis getting together and talking everything out when they're not at the practice, Amy was all for it.

She believed that if a couple can still put aside their differences and come together to discuss their problems as adults.

When these words came out of the professionals mouth, that sparked something inside of Becky. This was a perfect way to get her life back together, have her children's dad back in their lives completely, get her best friend by her side once again, be happy.

During this whole time, Becky had developed a severe symptoms of depression. Whenever Charlotte would visit, she would notice that her best friend wasn't feeling herself. Knowing the circumstances she was going through, it was understandable but she knew that her god children also would feed off her energy.

If the kids ever saw her in that state, they would worry and possibly become stressed and depressed. That's something that Charlotte didn't want, so that's when Travis came back into the picture.

Now, onto present day*

With a little backstory. To what Amy told them about getting dinner or going to a park to talk, Becky took that over the top and went all out.

At their house there stood Becky in front of their dining room table. The high chair and baby seats are pushed away so it would just be her and Travis's chair.

She was all dolled up. Becky doesn't wear alot of makeup for any occasion, but when she does it's pretty important to herself.

Nice dress on, hair and makeup done. Becky set the two plates down on the table and light some more candles.

With Travis*

The surrounding atmosphere around him was a tiny bar outside of Tampa. Smoke filled the area and it was packed as they had "Carry-Oke" night.

While going through the tight crowd, there sat Travis amidst the smoke and loud music. He had no idea why he was there, this isn't his type of crowd he looks for when going out.

All he knew was there was a beer in front of him and good music playing in the backround.

They were showing the football game on mute above him. That had him occupied as someone in the bar may have spotted him.

As he took a sip from his bottle, he quickly glimpsed over and saw the dude standing across from the bar.

It was actually the newly clocked in bartender that may have recognized him.

Bartender: Another?

He grabbed his empty and held it up while pointing, indicating if he wanted to pop open another bottle.

Travis: Ah, sure.

With those words coming out of his mouth, the bartender could tell that something was on his mind.

He quickly grabbed another from the cooler, popped off the top and slid it to Travis as he tried to give him the money to pay for it.

Bartender: Don't worry, man. On me.

Travis: Oh, um. Thanks.

Sliding the money back over to Travis, the bartender watched him take a big swig and put it down while looking back up at the game.

But, before he could continue and catch up on what he missed; Travis's phone went off.

It's been silent all day, no notifications from anyone on social media or the company.