Chapter 5

"Liam," Snowball said. "To start your training for the League of Paws, you'll be doing 100 push-ups with me and Daisy on your back." "Seems easy enough," Liam said as he got in to push-up position. "You've got this, little buddy!" Duke cheered. "We believe in you," Mel cheered beside him. "Do your best or whatever," Chloe said. Everyone glared at her. "Could you at least try to be positive?" Buddy asked. "Let's just get this started," Daisy said as she and Snowball climbed on Liam's back. Mel then clicked the play button on the radio and the song Handclap by Fitz and the Tantrums started playing. Liam then started doing push-ups as his friends cheered him on.

"98...! 99...! 100...!" Liam grunted before collapsing to the floor. "Very good," Snowball said. "Now, let's see how many you can do with Duke on your back." "Wait, WHO!?!" Liam exclaimed. "Snowball, that might be a little too much for Liam to handle," Daisy said.

Liam was now laying on his back lifting a wooden pole in the air with Chloe and Mel holding down on either end. "Just a little higher buddy," Duke exclaimed. Once Liam had lifted it high enough, Duke grabbed it and Mel and Chloe dropped off of it. "What's next?" Liam asked. I'm ready for anything you throw at me." "Good, because that's the next thing," Snowball said.

Now back at Katie's apartment, Snowball was in the basket of Max and Duke's dog toys throwing them at Liam. So far, he's managed to dodge, block, and catch every single one of them. "You're almost there, kid," Snowball said. "Just a little bit more." Snowball then grabbed a ball out of the basket and threw it at Liam, who kicked it right back and accidentally hit him in the face and knocked him backwards. "Oops!" Liam exclaimed. "Sorry, Snowball!" "You okay, Fluff Butt?" Daisy asked. Snowball then jumped out of the basket and landed perfectly on his feet. "I'm good!" He replied. Everyone sighed in relief, except Chloe, of course.

Liam, Snowball, and Daisy were now back in Molly's bedroom. Snowball and Daisy were getting something from under Molly's bed. "Snowball and I made this for you," Daisy said as she and Snowball came out from under the bed with Liam's suit. It was a red hoodie with blue sleeves and the League of Paws logo on it. A capital L was embroidered over the logo in blue. The big line on the L was in the shape of a lightning bolt. The hood had a mask built into it to cover the top half of his face. There was also a pair of red fingerless gloves. "Wow! Thanks guys!" Liam exclaimed as he picked up his suit and put it on. "How do I look?" Snowball and Daisy looked at each other and nodded their heads before looking back at Liam. "You look ready," they said in unison. Snowball then walked up to Liam and said, "Welcome to the League of Paws, Lightning Liam." "I like that," Liam said. "It has a nice ring to it."