Chapter 15

Pops was coughing like crazy in his room. The water that Tiberius had brought in didn't seem to help. "Where's Tiny?" He wheezed. "Tiny's on the mission with the League of Paws," Princess said. "Remember?" "Right," Pops said before coughing some more. "He'll be fine Pops," Pickles said assuringly. "When he and Liam got lost in the woods at scout camp earlier this summer, they both came back without a scratch. He's gonna be okay."
Meanwhile
"The wolves are so much faster than I remember!" Tiny exclaimed as he and Liam tried to keep up with the wolves' movements. "Not to mention stronger!" Max said as he charged at one of the wolves only to get kicked backwards into Gidget. The wolf then started running towards the 2 dogs before Duke tackled him to the ground and pinned him. "Keep fighting!" Snowball exclaimed. "They'll have to get tired eventually!"

Tiny then charged at the lead wolf and jumped up to tackle him when he suddenly got knocked down by one of the other wolves who then got tackled by Max. The lead wolf grinned evilly before reaching down to pick up the young dog before Liam ran over and kicked him into a nearby wall. The wolf attempted to stand back up before Liam, Max, Gidget, Snowball, and Daisy surrounded him. "Get over here and help me!" The lead wolf barked at his fellow wolves. "Sorry, but they can't help you right now," Duke said as he pinned the other 3 wolves. "Retreat!" The lead wolf exclaimed as he kicked Max and Liam out of the way and ran towards the biggest warehouse. The other 3 wolves suddenly pushed Duke off of them and followed the lead wolf. "After them!" Snowball exclaimed as everyone got back to their feet and started chasing the wolves.
Back at Pops' Apartment
"I can't hold on much longer," Pops wheezed. "Please stay with us, Pops," Princess pleaded with tears in her eyes. "Rhonda, c'mere," Pops said. "What is it?" Chloe asked. "I'm sorry for all the times I flirted with you and made you feel uncomfortable," Pops said. "It's okay," Chloe said. "I forgive you." "One more thing," Pops said. Everyone came close to the elderly basset hound. "Tell Tiny I love him," Pops said before taking one final breath and collapsing on his side. Tiberius walked over to Pops and checked his pulse. "Is he okay?" Pickles asked worriedly. Tiberius then looked back at the other animals and shook his head. "I'm so sorry," the hawk said sadly. "I'm sorry," Tiberius said. "He's gone."