Chapter 20

Liam, Duke, Gidget, and Daisy were now alone in Winstone's lab. "Duke, do you think you could bite through these ropes?" Liam whispered. "I'm on it," Duke whispered back as he bit down on the rope Liam was tied in and snapped it instantly. "Thanks," Liam said as he untied the 3 dogs. "Now, let's get out of here." They were about to walk out the door when they heard Sergei talking to Winstone in the next room. "Sergei, it's too risky," Winstone said. "With power levels this high, it could have serious side effects. It might be too much for them to handle." "I don't care!" Sergei shouted. "I went out of business because of them! If they die from this, that's their problem, not mine!"

"That is going way too far," Gidget whispered angrily. "We need to get out of here now," Liam whispered as he walked out the door followed by Duke and Daisy. "Gidget, come on," Daisy said. "We need to leave." Gidget sighed as she turned towards her friends and followed them out the door. The group slowly walked through the large room with the caged up animals, which were conveniently sleeping at the moment. "I can't believe how easy this is Liam whispered as he opened the door to the next room. When they entered the room, they found the wolves waiting there for them.

"Did you really think it would be that easy?" Sergei asked as he entered the room followed by Menard and Fourrage. "I'll distract them while you guys get out of here and head home!" Gidget exclaimed as she prepared to charge at the wolves. "Do not wait for me!" "We're not leaving you!" Liam exclaimed. "I'll be fine. I promise," Gidget said. "Now go!" Suddenly, the lead wolf tackled Gidget to the ground. "Go!" Gidget shouted. "Let's get out of here!" Duke exclaimed as he, Daisy and Liam ran for the door to the stairwell. Liam opened it up only to find Big Sergei waiting for them with Little Sergei on his shoulder.

"Oh, you have got to be kidding me," Duke said before suddenly hearing Gidget crying out in pain. The group then looked over to see Gidget wearing one of the earpieces. "Gidget! No!" Liam exclaimed. Gidget then got back onto her feet and looked over at her friends with glowing red eyes. "Not Gidget too!" Duke exclaimed as he, Liam, and Daisy were backed against a wall. "Now, I think it's time for you 3 to join my army," Sergei said as he walked over to them and pulled 3 more earpieces out of his coat pocket. "Hold still."