Chapter 7

Later at Max's Apartment
"You're sure it was Sergei?" Daisy asked. "Positive," Max said. "And he's working with the animal control officers who caught me and Duke when we first met." "Maybe they lost their jobs or something," Duke said. "That would make sense, considering that they lost 2 trucks in the same day," Buddy said. "Serves them right for trying to hurt my boyfriend," Gidget said. Max blushed a little after hearing that. "So, when's Snowball getting here?" Mel asked. "He'll be here any minute,"Daisy replied.

Snowball then came in through the window. "May I have your attention, please?" Snowball asked. Everyone looked over at him. "Thank you," Snowball said. "First off, we have a new member joining the League of Paws today." "Oh, I wonder who it is," Max said with a big smirk on his face. "It definitely is a big mystery," Duke said while also smirking. "I want everyone to give a warm welcome to the newest member of the League of Paws, Lightning Liam!" Snowball exclaimed as he moved out from in front of the window.

Liam then jumped through it, bounced off of the couch, and landed gracefully on his feet like a cat. "Hey everyone," he said. "Nice entrance, kid," Tiberius said. "Nice suit too," Mel added. "We're so proud of you, buddy!" Max, Duke, and Gidget exclaimed in unison. "Aww, thanks guys," Liam said. "I don't remember teaching you any cat skills," Chloe said. "That's because you didn't," Liam said. "Gidget did." Chloe then looked over at Gidget. "He asked me to teach him a few months ago," Gidget said. "How could I refuse?" "By saying no," Chloe replied. Everyone then glared at her. "What?" Chloe asked.

"Can we please focus?" Snowball asked. "We need a plan to stop Sergei and this scientist guy he's working with." "Again?" Liam asked. "Geez, this guy never quits." "How are we gonna stop him this time?" Duke asked. "I'm not sure," Snowball said. "But somehow, we will. We always do." "Is he working with anyone else?" Liam asked. "Yeah, 2 ex-dog catchers," Max replied. "Where are they going next?" Duke asked. "We heard them say that they're headed to the sewers next," Gidget replied. "They already have Laohu, and they probably also have Hu and the cubs, now their going after the rest of the animals." "Then it's settled," Daisy said. "Snowball and I will take Max, Duke, Gidget, and Liam to the sewers to warn Tattoo and help him defend the circus animals while the rest of you will stay here and make sure they don't try to take any of our other friends." "Tiberius, would you please watch Iris for me?" Gidget asked. "Absolutely, Gidget," Tiberius replied. "I won't let her out of my sight." "Does anyone know the quickest way to the sewers?" Liam asked. Snowball smiled and said, "I think I might know someone who can help."