Chapter 33

"WALT!" the shouting continued through his now open window. I smiled awkwardly before turning to Mr White.

"Answer him its fucking embarassing him shouting like that." I murmured out of the side of my mouth as he sighed and turned to Hank.

"Hey buddy! Moved on from Skyler faster than we all thought huh! You dirty dog I didn't think you were seeing anybody! A younger chick. Nice."

Thank god he didn't recognise me.

"Hey wait- you're the girl from the Sunnydale estate right? The one with all the dead tenants?" he furrowed his brow in concern.

"That's me!" I waved, pursing my lips and looking desperately to Mr White for him to say something, anything.

"Hey are you hurt? You're bleeding-" he pointed out.

"I'm uh, not seeing her Hank. I found her on the sidewalk like this, domestic situation. She's an ex-student I'm taking her to the ER." That's why he was so quiet, thinking of that whopper of a lie with a head whose just killed a guy must be pretty hard.

"You reported this sweetheart?" Hank frowned, christ did these lights ever turn?

"Not yet, but I will when I get to the hospital. Asshole ex boyfriend!" I nodded, looking back to Mr White for some form of reasurment, his small smile being enough before I turned back.

"Alright make sure you do!" he nodded as the lights turned green, he raised his hand in farewell before pulling away.

"Do you think he bought it?" I breathed out in relief.

"I think he bought that it was a domestic situation I dont think he buys that you're just an ex student."

"Gross."

"Alright, you need me to help you in? I wont be able to stay but I'll be able to call Jesse and explain the situation to him." Mr White pulled up to the hospital, sensibly parking in a bay close to the door.

"Um.. I'll be fine. Thank you again for... everything. I owe you big time if you ever need anything-" I babbled.

"This never happened, alright? Keep it under the hat like I said." he rubbed his head stressfully, another wave of guilt flowing over me- the guy just killed someone for me. I mean, he was going to kill me but still.

"See you later, Mila."

"Catch ya later..." I opened the door, stumbling and steadying myself on the bonnet of his car as I winced and grunted in pain.

"You're JUST like Jesse. Never know or want to ask for any help." He sighed, taking my arm and wrapping it around his neck as he helped me towards the door.

"Oh GOD-" a passing nurse with a board gasped as we entered, I caught a glimpse of myself in the reflection of the glass and to be fair- I really did look a fucking mess. My hair was matted in blood, half naked, covered in dirt and dont mention the extensive injuries.

"Can you get her some urgent help please? I think she's got a couple broken ribs, broken toe she might have fractured her nose... a lot of cuts and bruises-"

"I can see Sir, yes. Come with me sweetie." she glared at him before taking my arm off him and onto her own.

"He didn't do this he saved me-"

"They all say that sweetheart..." she looked at me sadly as I grunted and looked back to Mr White, "CALL JESSE!"

The series of pokes and prods, blood tests, lights in my eyes and wooden sticks in my mouth were just as boring, long and painful as the hours that I'd spent in the van. I spewed enough shit to the nurses about Danny, and for someone who had just been through some pretty bad trauma- I could still lie like a politician. Turned out Mr White was pretty damn accurate in the injury bingo- he just missed out slight concussion and some slight damage to my left ear drum.