7. I'm Gonna Light Up This Place and Die In Beautiful Stars

"Would you still love me if I weighed 400 pounds and had no teeth or hair?" Andy asked.

"Oh my god," I laughed. "Umm... I'd love you, but I don't think I could look at you." I took a moment thinking of one. "Ok, would you still love me if I accidentally cut your arm off in a freak accident?"

"Of course," he smiled. "But just for safety's sake, I'm going to make sure you stay away from the power tools."

"Hey, Hailey!" Ashley screamed into the computer as he jumped on Andy. Ashley rested his head on top of Andy's and grinned at me. 

"Hi, Ashley," I laughed. "How's the UK? Oh, and can my husband breathe?"

Andy lifted his hand in a thumbs up sign as Ashley spoke. "The UK is rad. Hot chicks everywhere. The food is nasty though."

I heard Jon's distant voice mumbling something and Ashley rolled off of Andy with a sigh. Andy sat up, running a hand through his hair.

"We have an interview on Kerrang! Radio so we have to go," Andy frowned. "I love you, Hailey. And, I love you, Jaxson."

"We love you too, Andy," I smiled, hating that he had to go. "Have fun."

"I'll try," he shrugged. "Bye, starlight."

"Bye," I replied as he hung up the call. 

As much as I loved talking to Andy on Skype, it almost made things worse. Hearing him and seeing him, appearing so tangible, made it hurt when he had to go. We tried to talk as much as possible, but everything had been so busy. This first week in the UK was all press. After that, they'd be touring through the UK for a week and a half. I knew he'd be much more available when he was stuck on the bus for most of the day. Once the guys were done in the UK, they'd finish off the last week and a half in Australia.

I sighed, shutting my Macbook off and getting up. I checked myself in the mirror. I looked presentable. Or, at least, as presentable as I felt like putting effort into this morning. I'd straightened my black hair, letting it fall in its long layered style down to my ribs. I had pulled on a pair of skinny jeans and a blue Glamour Kills tank top. I sloppily shoved my feet into my crocheted white Ugg boots and headed down the stairs. 

I grabbed my car keys and purse, then headed out the door. I started up my 2011 Ford Escape and backed out of the driveway. The drive to the studio wasn't too long. I even grabbed some Starbucks for myself, Gabe, and his production assistant, Matt. Since I was pregnant I couldn't drink coffee and instead had been forced to drink coffee-less frappuccinos or iced teas. I didn't mind as much as I pretended, though the caffeine did sound amazing.

Within twenty minutes, I had pulled up to the studio. I opened the door, smiling as the sound of someone tuning an electric guitar reached my ears. Loud conversation grabbed my attention and I assumed the band was here already. 

"Hey, mama bear!" Matt yelled as I set the drinks on the table. He hopped up from his chair, grabbing his latte. 

"Hi," I replied. "Where's Gabe?"

Following Matt's pointed finger, I saw Gabe inside the booth with a tall brunette guy and a shorter blond one. Three other guys were in the live room, tuning and practicing their instruments. After a few moments, Gabe joined Matt and I in the control room.

I handed him his coffee and he grinned. "Thanks, I need this. These boys are cool, but damn. I guess I've gotten spoiled working with more mature musicians."

"How old are they?" I asked, noticing they looked at about my age.

"They're between 18 and 21," Gabe shrugged.