15. When I'm With You, I'm At Home

"When did this bed get so crowded?" Andy laughed.

I smiled, looking at the small baby lying in between us and the mammoth dog occupying the end of the bed.

"Well, you've kind of chubbed up. I wasn't going to say anything, but...," I teased.

"Shut up," he grinned, placing a hand on his flat stomach. 

I gave him a quick kiss, being careful to mind Jax's tiny figure. 

"I have band practice in twenty minutes," Andy groaned.

"In LA?" I asked, raising my eyebrows.

"Yup," he nodded, popping the p.

"You might want to hurry up then, cause that's like an hour drive."

Andy shrugged. "I'm only the lead singer, not that important."

"Right," I nodded. "Why are you even in the band again?"

"No idea."

Andy slid out of the bed, giving Hades a soft rub before walking over to the closet. Although Andy had been a bit hesitant about Hades at first and whether having such a big dog around a tiny baby was a good idea, he'd quickly fallen in love with him. Once he saw what a sweetheart Hades really was, it was hard for Andy to resist him. Hades never really bothered Jax, except for sniffing him every once in a while. Instead, Hades simply lay unbothered as Jaxson climbed all over him and petted his fur. He was really the most perfect dog.

Grabbing a pair of tight black jeans, Andy slipped them on. He tossed a leather jacket over his naked chest and threw on a thin black scarf.

"It's like 60 degrees outside. What the fuck are you wearing?" I asked, shaking my head.

"Ugh," Andy groaned. "I don't like wearing clothes."

"Well, that's clear. But, unless you want to get pneumonia and die, you should probably put a sweater on."

"Why does everything with you end with 'and die'?" Andy laughed.

"Because if you have sex, you will get pregnant and die."

"Fuck, not the Mean Girls quotes. What did I do to deserve this?"

"You didn't put a sweater on," I reminded him.

Andy rolled his eyes, pulling a long sleeve black thermal sweater, then throwing his jacket and scarf over his chest once more.

"Happy?" Andy deadpanned.

"Well, no, on Wednesday's we wear pink."

"It's Tuesday, Hailey," Andy said, frowning as he saw where this conversation was quickly going.

"Four for you, Glen Coco! You go, Glen Coco."

"I swear, I'm going to leave."

"If you're from Africa, why are you white?"

"Goodbye," Andy stated, giving Jaxson a kiss and then walking out of the room.

"Stop trying to make fetch happen! It's not going to happen," I called down the stairs.

"I'm leaving now. I can't deal with this."

"Love you," I laughed.

"Love you too, starlight," Andy replied.

I didn't know why Andy hated Mean Girls so much, but I was determined to use that movie to piss him until the day we died. His annoyance was just too amusing.

Soon, I got up and got dressed for the day. I carried Jax downstairs, Hades following behind us. His nails clicked against the hardwood as we all padded into the kitchen. Slipping Jax into his high chair, I filled Hades monstrous bowls with dog food and water. Hades immediately dug in, his tongue slapping against the metal sides of the bowl.