4. I Find It Hard To Stay With The Words You Say

"Just tell me what the hell happened."

"Umm... well, we went to the Viper Room and got drunk. I don't know what happened. I woke up in Ashley's closet two hours ago covered in salsa. So then I showered at his place and headed straight here. I'm really sorry. I just got caught up in it all," he explained.

"Is that what you want, Andy?" I asked, biting my lip.

He looked at me, confused. "What do you mean?"

"Do you want to be able to party all night like that? Am I... am I ruining your life with this baby and everything?"

"What? Of course not. Why would you even say that?"

"Maybe I'm being silly, but be honest, Andy. If I hadn't become pregnant, would you have wanted a kid right now?"

"Well, no," he stated, "but that doesn't mean I don't love him now that he's here!"

He shook his head at me, an annoyed glare in his eyes. I felt bad for asking the question.

"That actually really pissed me off, Hailey. What would even provoke something like that? Have I not stood by your side through this whole thing? I've done everything I can for this baby. I forced Jon to rearrange our touring schedule so I could be here for the majority of your pregnancy. I quit smoking so I wouldn't harm you, the baby, or myself. I spent a fuck ton of money on baby clothes and furniture. Don't act like I haven't completely turned my life upside down for this baby with a smile on my face."

"I'm sorry, Andy. I was just upset," I murmured.

"What do you even have to be upset about?" he snapped, clearly on a roll. "I was late, I get it. But I'm a grown man, Hailey. You're my wife, yeah, but I was fine. I don't need you suffocating me all the time."

I frowned. "That's rich, coming from the guy who barely lets me do anything by myself anymore."

"I'm making sure you and the baby are safe!"

"Yeah, and that's what I was doing when I was worrying about where you were for the past twelve hours."

"You're the one who told me to act my age!" he yelled.

"Acting your age doesn't mean you have to act like an irresponsible asshole," I countered. "I was worried about you, Andy. Don't you get that?"

"There wasn't anything to worry about!"

"But what if there had been? What if you were lying in a ditch somewhere dead? I mean, did you even think about that? That by getting beyond fucked up you might never get to see your wife again."

"You know what, Hailey? Right now, I wish I never had to see my wife again cause she's a fucking bitch," he snapped.

I felt like I'd been slapped, an emotional sting flitting through me. I bit back the tears that threatened to fall. Andy moved to open his mouth, a remorseful look on his face. I beat him to it though, replying, "Well, if that's how you feel, you can go pack your stuff up, Andy."

"Hailey, I didn't mean th-"

"I really don't care what you did or didn't mean, but I am not going to let you talk to me like that," I stated, feeling simultaneously strong and weak. "Go upstairs and pack an overnight bag."

"Please, starlight," Andy whimpered.

"No, when my husband, the man who loves me and would never speak to me like that, decides to show up, let me know. Until then, you can stay at one of the guy's houses."

Andy shook his head, marching up the stairs. I leaned against the wall, taking a deep breath and trying to calm the emotions and tears that threatened to spill. I could hear him upstairs, shuffling around and collecting his stuff. Frustrated mumbles traveled along the walls, but I couldn't make out what was being said.