Chapter 6

"W-Well... When you knocked me into the sky yesterday, my Eggmobile picked up some strange energy readings coming from you. So, I admit, I got curious and since you're already here I figured I could try and figure out what those strange energy readings were" The moment Shadow heard that explanation, he rolled his eyes and let out a frustrated sigh.

"Did it ever cross your mind that it's none of your business?"

"What is he talking about?" The moment Shadow heard that question, he turned his head to look at Sonic.

"Nothing I'm going to talk about when he's within earshot"

"I can just analyze the date I just got. And when I do, I can figure out what that strange energy reading was" The moment Shadow heard that, he threw a Chaos Spear at Eggman, missing the human by only a few inches.
Which caused Eggman to jump slightly in fear.

"Either you delete that data now, or I'll turn your organs inside out and do it myself" Shadow explained in a cold tone that sent chills down both Eggman's and Sonic's spine.
Shadow watched as Eggman quickly deleted the data, as well as the backup data. All the while he was shaking under Shadow's cold stare.

"Now that wasn't so difficult, now was it?" At this point, Sonic had forced himself to look down on the notebook Shadow had written in earlier.
Sonic soon heard how someone, he guessed Eggman, walked into the kitchen.

"High IQ? Yeah right..." Shadow mumbled low to himself as he picked up the notebook again.

With the notebook in his hands, Shadow carefully flipped through the pages until he came across the same page that held information on his Inhibitor Rings. Shadow glanced down on the Inhibitor Rings on his wrists, those rings could possibly help. The only question was how.
Sonic glanced down at the notebook as well, he knew he shouldn't be snooping around. But he couldn't help it. He wanted to try and help Shadow, even though the black hedgehog didn't want his help.

𝒪𝒷𝒿𝑒𝒸𝓉 𝑜𝒻 𝒾𝓃𝓉𝑒𝓇𝑒𝓈𝓉: 𝐼𝓃𝒽𝒾𝒷𝒾𝓉𝑜𝓇 𝑅𝒾𝓃𝑔𝓈. 𝒯𝒽𝑒𝓈𝑒 𝑅𝒾𝓃𝑔𝓈 𝒶𝓇𝑒 𝓊𝓈𝑒𝒹 𝓉𝑜 𝓈𝓉𝑜𝓇𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝒸𝑜𝓃𝓉𝒶𝒾𝓃 𝓂𝓎 𝒞𝒽𝒶𝑜𝓈 𝐸𝓃𝑒𝓇𝑔𝓎. 𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝑅𝒾𝓃𝑔𝓈 𝓈𝓉𝑜𝓇𝑒 𝓈𝑜𝓂𝑒 𝑜𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒞𝒽𝒶𝑜𝓈 𝐸𝓃𝑒𝓇𝑔𝓎 𝒶𝓌𝒶𝓎 𝒻𝑜𝓇 𝑒𝓂𝑒𝓇𝑔𝑒𝓃𝒸𝒾𝑒𝓈 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓎 𝓂𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝓈𝓊𝓇𝑒 𝐼 𝒹𝑜𝓃'𝓉 𝑔𝑒𝓉 𝓉𝑜𝑜 𝓂𝓊𝒸𝒽. 𝒯𝑜𝑜 𝓂𝓊𝒸𝒽 𝒞𝒽𝒶𝑜𝓈 𝐸𝓃𝑒𝓇𝑔𝓎 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓇𝑒𝓈𝓊𝓁𝓉 𝒾𝓃 𝓂𝓎 𝒷𝑜𝒹𝓎 𝑒𝓍𝓅𝓁𝑜𝒹𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒾𝓃𝓉𝑜 𝒶 𝓂𝒶𝓈𝓈 𝑜𝒻 𝓅𝓊𝓇𝑒 𝒞𝒽𝒶𝑜𝓈 𝐸𝓃𝑒𝓇𝑔𝓎 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝒸𝒶𝓃 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝓉𝓇𝑜𝓎 𝒽𝒶𝓁𝒻 𝒶 𝓅𝓁𝒶𝓃𝑒𝓉...

That was all Sonic managed to read, before he looked up at Shadow.
Said ebony hedgehog was so focused on the notes that were written in the notebook, that he didn't notice that Sonic was watching him.
Though he did feel that he was being watched.

"I probably shouldn't ask but... What is Chaos Energy?" When Shadow heard that, he turned his head to look at Sonic.

"Something every Mobian has in their system back home. I just happen to have too much of it"

"That doesn't explain just what it is though..."

"Well... Chaos Energy is... A very powerful Energy source. And it has been around for so long that Mobians are naturally born with a bit of Chaos Energy in them. That Energy can then be used to power up machines and even give some Mobians special powers..."