Chapter 6: Beg

Dela

People call me names and I honestly couldn't care less. Most times they're good; beautiful, intelligent, graceful. Sometimes they're not too good; mean girl, whore, slut, whatever. I am the apple of my father's eyes and that's honestly all that matters. Riesner and I have our own little competitions to gain his attention and affections. We fight a lot, but at the end of the day I wouldn't trade him for anyone in the world. I'm proud he's my brother, not that I would ever let him know that.

Out of all my siblings I'm closest to Ries and Wynnie. I have well established relationships with all my siblings, but Wynnie is only a year younger than me, and unlike Harlow, she's always there to listen to my stories and do fun things with me. Riesner is just simply fun to compete with and tease.

Casden's birthday ball is coming up and the whole kingdom is getting ready. I love parties but Casden, I don't like him as much. He's far too emotional and volatile for me. He constantly lashes out and he's always ungrateful, my parents took him in and tried their best to act like parents to him but they get the same crap. "You're not my mom and dad." When I was younger, back when I had more empathy, I felt sorry for him. After years of him pushing all of us away, I'm over it. I have other more pressing matters to worry about.

Ries' guy gang—The Shadows—are more intricate with their clubhouse, initiation, and club name but I have my own equivalent. My girls. It consists of me as their leader and one of the lounges in my castle as our home base. Sera, my right-hand gal. Wynnie, my cousins Charlett and Lonett, Katsa, and the other day Harlow decided to join us, but we will see. She likes to stir up trouble and the last thing I need is for her to be a tattletale and tell our father everything I say. The main subject of our get together is boys, we discuss all the notches on our belts, sharing stories and going on conquests. My latest conquest has been to go after The Shadows—the ones I'm not related to, obviously. So far I have Warren and Lonan. Ignacio is a little young for me, but he's handsome and I'll have no trouble getting him in my bed. My other conquest has been the other guy gang in the castle.

The other guy gang consists mainly of Ries' enemies. People he doesn't care much for and people who don't care much for my brother. In his twenty-two years he sure has rubbed people the wrong way with his annoying so-called charm and obnoxious need to be better than everyone. Plus a lot of people find heirs to be especially self-absorbed, conceited, ego focused, and Ries is all of those.

This group of boys, as I like to call them, Hellhounds, consists of five members, Blaze, Alexavier, Casden, Beau, and their leader, Draven. Draven was nicknamed 'Demon Spawn' at birth by his own mother, a real demon herself. He grew up with hatred for the realm and the nickname stuck with him throughout his teenage years, too. Demon Spawn grew up without a father, died before he was even born. His father was General for my dad during one of the great wars that started by my maternal grandfather aka Casden's father. I'm surprised they let Casden into their group for that reason, but I guess he passed the test. The test being you have to be crazy. The five of them wreck havoc in the castle and village, true Hellhounds and I'm proud to have come up with that name.

Demon Spawn was born to Romina and my mother had an earful to tell her about. Since we were able to comprehend her she'd tell us to stay away from Romina, claiming she was horrible, a whore, evil, conniving, and so many other negative things that I don't care much to remember. All I know is that my mom and Romina seem to be mortal enemies of such. Maybe it has something to do with Romina being madly in love with my father. Disgusting. Demon Spawn is almost as tall as Ries if not the same height. But Draven is bigger, his super strength makes his body covered in a thick layer of muscle. I don't think I've ever seen him smile, actually, when he does smile it's usually when someone gets hurt. He's definitely a sadist.