Chapter 23: Sugar, Spice, and Brotherly Advice

Lachlan

I lay my suitcase on the bed of my summer chambers and start to throw the clothes into the bag all disheveled. Harlow stands leaning on the wall next to me and watches the clothes fall and meet their mark after I toss them.

"It's been the greatest summer of my life. I can't believe it's already over." I exhale and check the empty dresser drawers for more clothes.

"I wish you didn't have to go, these three months flew by," Harlow pouts. "There's still so much I want to try with you. Maybe I can convince my parents to let me go to your kingdom. My mother will forbid me to though," she sighs.

"Well, what if you just ask your father? Maybe he's the way to go." I turn and place an arm on the wall and lean over her.

She places her hand on my chest and looks up at me licking her lower lip. "He'll be no problem, if I ask him he'll say yes. The thing is, he doesn't like to displease my mother."

"We'll make this work, Harley. I'll come and visit any time I can and you can do the same with me in my kingdom. We'll get past your mother somehow. I think we have much to still explore too."

"Much to explore," her lips brush mine.

After our lips part my mouth curves up exposing my teeth, "Much." I kiss her, "to," I kiss her, "explore." I kiss her again one last time and push myself off the wall and walk into the bathroom to collect my toiletries.

Harlow groans. "I wish there was some way to make you stay. How much longer until your ship arrives?"

"It should be docked by now, but I wanted to take my time and cherish my last couple moments here with you. Last night wasn't enough."

She wraps her arms from behind me and kisses my shoulder blade. "We have some time now."

"Do we now?" I say cockily and turn around to face her, gently pressing my fingers into her chest to make her fall back onto the bed. With a finger I undo the buttons of her pants and pull them down along with her underwear. My mouth pleasures her for a couple minutes before she's shaking and ready to implode. My tongue lashes and swirls on her most sensitive part one last time before she cries out in ecstasy. I wipe my mouth with the back of my hand, "Mmmmmm, I'm going to miss that."

"Me too," she breathlessly looks up at the ceiling.

I hear a knock on the door and my eyes quickly shoot to Harlow. I pick up her clothes from the floor and place them on top of her as I shuffle my suitcase to close it. "Just a minute!" I call out hopping over to the door. Before I answer I turn back to check that Harlow is dressed. We nod to each other and I crack the door open to see a guard. "How can I help you?"

"Your father is here, Prince Lachlan. Your presence is requested in the throne room." He notifies me and then retreats to wherever he came from.

"My father is here?" I say out loud quizzically placing my hands on my hips.

"If he's in the throne room..." Harlow trials. "Shit."

As it dawns on me that my dad is in front of the Queen I quickly grab my bags. Harlow and I dash to the throne room. A mixture of panic and worry crosses both of our faces as we enter the room.

"Hello, my boy. I've missed you." My father smiles as he watches me walk in with my tail between my legs.

"Hi dad. I've missed you too." I weakly smile back and wait for chaos to erupt.

"Harlow, did you know this was Lachlan's father?" Queen Byrd stands tapping her foot.

"When we first met we didn't know who each other were. We met in the library." I offer for her and give Harlow a small smile for support.