Chapter 38: Eleven Conditions

Dela

Laying in my bed I sigh. What could Draven possibly be talking about with my brother. I look over at the clock on my bedside table. It's just past midnight. I curl up in bed cuddling my pillow when my chamber's doors open up. I sit up and turn on the light looking to see who it is. It's Draven, he's wearing clothes I've never seen him in before. Clothes he wasn't wearing when he left.

"Where have you been?" I raise an eyebrow looking him up and down.

"I followed through with your comment earlier." His fingers shake his wet hair. "I fooled around with someone else."

My face falls. "Oh?"

"Don't tell me that you've fooled around with two or more people." He rolls his eyes and takes a seat on the bed. "I get it, you're attractive."

"I didn't fool around with anyone," my eyebrows furrow. "I was here waiting for you."

Now Draven's face drops. "What?" He blinks not expecting this reaction.

"I...I wasn't necessarily serious with what I said earlier," I look away from him. I feel a mixture of sadness and anger.

He stand up and starts pacing the room. "Oh no. Oh gods dammit!" His hands go to his hair to pull at it. "Dela, of all the things I expected you to say to me when I returned- this wasn't one of them." He continues to pace.

I swallow hard. "Well then maybe I should go find Lonan or Warren since you've been taken care of."

"Find any one of them." He says quickly and I know that he has done something horrible as his skin pales. Draven continues to walk back and forth on the side of the bed.

I clench my fists angry that he isn't pleading with me to stay. Isn't pleading for me to not fuck other boys. "Okay," I stand and brush down my nightgown.

"Dela, I'm sorry. Shit, shit, shit. I deserve this." He looks into my eyes.

"It's okay," I force a smile. "I mean, you never had any intention of marrying me anyways. This is hardly a legitimate relationship."

"Just because I don't want to marry you, doesn't mean I don't want to be with you. I don't want to marry anyone." He stops pacing and stares at me as if he's lost.

I try to shake off my jealousy and sadness. Feelings that I had a t the beginning of our relationship resurfacing, the utter hatred and complete belief that he is a beast. That's what he is, a beast. I hate him. "Down dog, or else I'll have to leash you to my bed while I'm gone."

Drave shakes his head. "I'm sorry. I'm just going to stay in bed and wait up for you. I deserve it."

I raise my chin and turn on my heel to leave. I exit through my chambers doors and my first instinct is to go to Sera's guest chambers.

I knock on it and then enter. "Are you awake?" I ask as I cover my eyes hoping there's no boy in her bed.

"Yeah." She laughs. "Don't worry, Ries isn't here. Come in." She calls me in and I hear the springs of her bed as she moves.

I close the door and crawl into her bed. "Can I stay here tonight?"

"Oh course, but why?" Seraphina gives me a look of concern.

"I might have told Draven to fool around with other girls and he did. He feels guilty and he thinks I'm sleeping with someone else, but how can I?"

"You can just as I did for the past year. You can still have fun while fooling around with other guys; it's just not as satisfying with them. You should be sleeping with someone else." She starts to propel me out of her bed.