Chapter 45: Womb Swap

Draven

A week since my entire realm was flipped on its head. First off, I'm General Draven Lockwood now. An incredible honor that was bestowed upon me for my bravery in hunting down and killing the ten men who mutilated me. The archer is all that's left. I had ulterior motives that have since changed. Back then I wanted to capture Dela so she is unable to leave me since life without her wasn't something I wanted anymore, but now I realize that a life with her is what I'm destined for. If she isn't the one I got pregnant, then I truly love her and there's no denying that anymore.

Then there is Celeste. I ended up getting my best friend pregnant all because I figured she is the one I love since Dela was no longer in my life. With a cruel twist of fate, far more cruel than I am, Celeste is carrying my baby and wishes to dump it on me. As of late, my relationship with her is strained at the moment. After this womb swap, things will be better for everyone involved. My feelings of being a father have conflicted me since I've found out, but I'm not chicken shit. I know my duty here. I won't let this child be fatherless, even if it means raising it myself or being less risky with my own life.

We are still waiting on word from whoever Dela wrote to about performing the womb swap. It's been a week and I'm growing more anxious about the entire situation.

This morning I wake in Dela's chambers beside her. We have been sneaking around together lately. "You need to gain some weight or this pregnancy won't take." My finger trails over her protruding collarbones.

Dela sighs. "I guess so. I'm not hungry though."

"Guess you have to want this pretty bad then." I leave all sympathy out of my voice and continue to run my finger along the exposed skin.

Dela rubs at her face. "Fine, can you place an order to have food brought up to the room then?"

"You're lucky that I know the guards." I huff and groan standing from the bed. I open the door and turn back to her, "What are you wishing for?"

"Hmm," she hums. "Blueberry pancakes."

"One order- actually make that two of blueberry pancakes. Water too. Oh, and assorted fruit on the side." I pat the guard at her door on his shoulder.

"Yes, General Lockwood." The guard nods and leaves his post. Since I'm so high in rank they don't dare to look me directly in the eyes anymore. Which makes me even more inclined to open the door in my underwear.

"Come back to bed, General," Dela purrs from her bed.

"Say it again." I smile and jump into bed on top of her.

"General Lockwood," she lets the words roll off her tongue.

"It has a nice ring to it, Princess." I snuggle my face into her chest.

She runs her fingers through my hair, "I can't wait to have this baby with you."

"A year of me miserable after this...I am not willing to let you out of my sight." I pick my head up to stare at her.

She scoffs, "What do you think I'm going to be doing? Sleeping around? I'll be taking care of your child which will no doubt be a Demon Spawn like you."

"I am more thinking that there's the archer still left and you're still a target." I sigh and reach my hand up to flick her nose. "And I will be taking care of my child too."

"You're a busy general," she tugs at my hair. "You have work to do like keeping me and your baby safe and I believe you will do just that."

"That doesn't mean I'm going to abandon my child. Every moment I'm not at work I'll be with the baby. If it is anything like I was, we'll both be out of our minds. I don't plan on just leaving you to raise it."