Chapter 9: Blue Ball

Draven

Casden's ball is in an hour and I get ready in my finest clothes. I hated wearing them and how stuffy I feel in them, but it was better than having to attend and being the odd one out. At least this way I could avoid attention and the rampant royals might actually leave me alone. Still, I looked at myself in the mirror and wished that I could be wearing anything with holes or something comfortable that allowed me to move. My long hair is down for once and slicked back and I decided to protest shaving and let the stubble cover my face. Last, but not least, I tightened my tie and fantasized about which woman I would be tying up with it later on tonight.

Since the ball is honoring Casden, the guys and I are sitting at his table in the front of the ballroom.

"I don't want to be looked at." I say taking my seat at the table. I toss the stupid placecard over my shoulder and watch as people start to file in.

"At least this whole fucking ball isn't about you," Casden growls.

"Who's dumb idea is this?" I roll my eyes.

"My pretend-parents," he clenches his fists.

"Of course." I chuckle and shake my head. "At least it'll get us all laid tonight."

"That's the spirit," Blaze claps me on the back. "Look at all the beautiful women already and the night hasn't even fully begun."

"I was going to get laid regardless." Beau shrugs. "I like being in a relationship, it definitely comes with perks."

"We get it," Alexavier gives him a dirty look. "You're dating my sister."

"I know how you feel, everyone sleeps with my sister." Kaden sighs. He finally is going to be imitated into the group tonight. I think he will make a good addition, especially because he teleports.

"Guilty," Alexavier chuckles.

"I think most of the attendees probably have." I shake my head. I know that Alexavier has and Beau has in our group.

"Who do you think has more Dela or Katsa?" Blaze prompts.

"Neither of them are innocent, but since Dela frequents you I have to go with Katsa." I shrug and don't pay it much thought other than that. Truthfully, I'd been trying to avoid Dela and any thoughts of her. It was just too confusing for me.

The king and queen enter to make an opening speech and kick off the ball. Before doing so they head to our table to wish Casden a happy birthday and a fun night. Both King Raidyn and Queen Byrd shoot me dirty looks. This was expected of Queen Byrd, but I didn't understand the animosity from King Raidyn. I usually avoided him. When they leave our table and make their speech I whisper over to Casden, "Do you know what those looks were for?"

"Maybe he saw the bruises you gave Dela," Casden shrugs not knowing.

There's no way she would be that careless. Had he seen those bruises then her father would have her locked up forever, but since she is entering the room right now I know that he didn't know about that.

Dela approaches the table with her younger sister Wynonna at her side. Dela is wearing a lilac colored dress. It is short sleeved, the top portion of the dress see-through with a lilac colored lace flower pattern covering the top. The bottom half flows down from her waist and touches the floor. Her dark hair is pulled up, two wavy strands of hair frame her face. Her hair pulled back exposes her smooth, unblemished neck. She must've put a heavy dose of makeup to cover up all the marks I had left on her. "Happy birthday, Uncle," she flashes a toothy grin.

"Happy birthday." Wynonna says stepping up from behind her older sister.

"Thanks." Casden replies as if he didn't care at all, but gods know what would've happened if they didn't wish him a happy birthday.