Chapter 30: Temptation

Dela

Laying in bed I can hardly move, I'm so sore. I can't believe Draven and I had sex. It was the only thing we never did, the only part of my self-respect I kept. I failed, I let him fuck me and I even begged for it. I get up to look at myself in the mirror, I'm disgusted. The bruises on my neck, my arms, my hips, thighs, breasts, collarbones are all dark on my pale skin.

Just looking at the marks on me makes my body come alive, reliving the events from last night. It was the best sex I've ever had, the fury, the mixture of pleasure and pain, it was everything to fulfill every dirty dream and though I've ever had about him. I hated how he made me beg and yet I loved every second of it. I wanted more, more of the roughness, more of his harsh love making, more of the delicious pressure he put on my neck. More biting and bruising. I look at myself in the mirror, again and I'm disgusted, again. I place my hand over my neck and try to work my healing powers on myself. The dark marks turn lighter but they don't go away completely nor does the pain.

I run my hands through my hair before brushing it out and braiding it down my back. I lean in close to the mirror and look at swallow red lips. I touch them and I can remember the tingling feeling of his mouth on mine. Who am I? I ask myself. I don't recognize this girl in my mirror. I need to stay far away from him. I need to forget him. I need to never do what we did last night, again. I've had my fill—had my taste and now I'm done. He's brought me nothing but emotional and physical turmoil and my life these past two years have been a downward spiral. I need to dig myself out and find the person I once was, someone who was happy. Why aren't I happy anymore? Why is it the man who makes me most miserable makes me feel alive? When I'm not with him I feel like I'm wandering aimlessly through this life. I hate it, but I hate him more.

I grab a change of clothes getting ready for the day. After putting on makeup over the remaining light marks scattered across my neck and collarbones, I head down to family lunch where my parents are missing, judgment is probably running late again. I look around the table at my siblings, my eyes spot Celeste sitting next to Cassius.

"What is she doing here?" I nod my chin in her direction.

"She's my girlfriend." Cassius gives me a strange look.

"Girlfriend?" I furrow my eyebrows. "But you're fucking Draven," I say to Celeste.

"I'm not Draven's girlfriend. I'm Cassius's girlfriend." Celeste smiles.

Cassius nods along, "It's true. Why would you think differently?"

"Because she's all over Draven every chance she gets," I comment.

"We're just best friends." She shrugs her shoulders.

"Who has makeout sessions?" I spit and then look over to my brother.

"I let that one slide." He says casually. "Those two have their tricks."

"Cassius!" My eyes widen.

"What? She made it up to me. It was well worth my while." Cassius says smugly and winks at Celeste.

"I don't even want to know," I shake my head and take my seat in between Ries and Hollis who still aren't speaking to each other.

Celeste giggles and leans on Cassius. "That was a fun night."

"Take it in another room or else I'm going to throw up," I play with my food.

"So anyways, I'm with Cassius and you can take your jealousy of Draven and I up with him. It's so obvious the flame you two hold for one another." Celeste rolls her eyes.

"No thanks," I curl my lips.

"Are you still seeing him?" Hollis asks me.

"No!" I scowl. "No," I say pointedly to Hollis. "I am not seeing him. I don't give a shit who Draven fucks."