Chapter 13: Unlucky

Draven

"And you deserve it. I'm fucking sick of you royals and your drama. I'm done getting trapped in the middle. Leave me out of your lives. Just leave me the fuck alone!" I growl and shoot Dela a dirty look before storming out of the room. I can't believe the narcissistic slut princess told her brothers to harass me. That's a step too far. She brought other players into our game. It was so fucked up- I spent an entire day screaming in a ditch waiting for someone to rescue me. I felt helpless and I was covered from head to toe in sweat, dirt, mud, sticks, and leaves. All because of her. Now I just got my face wrecked letting her spoiled older brother pound into me. I bring a hand up to feel my jaw; I could feel the soreness in my face so it must be already bruising. How was I going to explain this to my mom? Dela is more trouble than she's worth- and that's coming from me.

I head straight to my chambers and look in the mirror on my dresser. Yep, definitely bruising- covering my jaw was various shades of pink and red. So tomorrow it will be blue and dark purple. I head into the bathroom and grab a washcloth to clean my face and soothe it with the cool water.

I hear a knock at my door and I know the only person it could be is my mother. "Come in!" I yell from the bathroom and hope that she comes in and yells at me from my bedroom, but of course she wouldn't. I could never be so lucky as to avoid a fight with her or anyone for that matter.

"What in the gods name happened to your face, Draven?!" Mom looks at me from the bedroom.

I roll my eyes and keep facing the bathroom mirror, leaning over the sink and inspecting my face. "The crown prince happened, mom."

"How many times do I have to tell you not to get involved with them? Why did he hit you?" She puts her hands on her hips.

"I was caught in bed with Princess Dela." I turn to face her now so she can see the extent of what happened to my face.

My mother grabs my face, her fingers pinching my chin. "You were caught in bed with the princess?" She sighs. "My darling Demon Spawn, I told you to stay away from the Rastifen, it is nothing but trouble. All the girls you could have and you pick her? Look what they did to your face..."

"Nothing happened with her." I pull my face away and scowl. "I'm not like you, mom. I don't have a thing for her. She healed me last night so I was watching over her and one thing just led to another."

"The Queen already hates me and I don't need anymore reason to have them throw us out of the castle, Draven. This is the last time I'm going to tell you, stay far away from the royal family. Stay out of trouble." She gives me a warning look.

"You don't have to worry about that, mom. I'm leaving." I cross my arms over my chest in a standoffish manner.

"Leaving?" Her eyes widen and she grabs me by the ear. "What do you mean leaving?"

"Ow, mom! Stop!" I furrow my eyebrows and frown. "Yes, I'm leaving. I'm going to live in the cabin I built and finally be left alone."

"Why? Because of this girl? Because of the crown prince? We do not run away!"

"You are the queen of running away! That's what thieves like us do. I'm not running away from her or him. I'm doing this for me. I don't need to be caught up in their drama."

"I've lived at this castle for nearly twenty years! I haven't run since. You are going to leave your poor mother to live here by herself. Draven, stay here. Don't let them think they've won."

"You're my mother! You should know I'm better off away from here. I hate living here. I hate everything the royals stand for. I don't want to be in an environment like this especially one where I would have to take beatings. I couldn't fight back today because if I did I would've been killed and look! Look what they did to me, mom! They were the ones who set that trap for me the other day too. I'm sick of being terrorized here. Just let me go."