Chapter 34: Mutilated

Dela

I couldn't believe my father had set up a convention for my suitors. Most of whom I had, Lonan, Warren, Zakariah, Maxim from the Windy Kingdom, and Orin from the Gold Kingdom. Tons of guys from all over and yet none of them interested me. My eyes were only on Draven, who in his uniform, was a guard for the party. I pulled him into the hallways and our passion burned with hot intensity that shattered me completely.

I couldn't believe Draven told my parents he wanted to court me. I couldn't believe even more that they approved. I guess I really had no say in the matter and that infuriated me even more with Draven. Yet, every time we're together I submit fully to him enjoying every quip and every ounce of pleasure pain he throws my way.

I've been taking up lessons again for self defense. Ever since Draven told me that I didn't earn my title or status I feel like I needed to do something to up my respect. I took lessons for fighting when I was a kid along with my other siblings, but I need something more advanced.

At my lessons a guard comes scrambling in, "Princess Adelaide, your father requests your presence in the healers ward immediately!"

My eyes widen and I drop my wooden staff and rush to the healers. I hope my father isn't hurt or anyone else from my family. My heart skips a beat and I panic. When I get there, healers are surrounding someone in the hospital cot. I look at my father who is standing at the foot of the bed, a worried expression on his face. Romina standing next to my dad.

"What's going on?" I take a step closer to see Draven is the one who is hurt. He is laying shirtless with a bandage on his abdomen. The white bandage is covered in blood. I am quickly by his side, I brush his hair back before checking his bandage. I gasp in horror, stumbling back.

"Who did this?" I tremble.

"I found him like this in the alley. He was late for breakfast and my boy is never late." Romina wipes at tears sliding down her cheeks.

"He'll be fine, but you need to act quickly." My father's face is filled with concern.

Draven moans out in pain.

"Who tried healing him before?" I notice the wounds have scars which will be permanent. This is the type of scar that needs to be healed fully. No one wants to keep a scar from an engraving into your stomach: Down with the monarchy. "Why did no one come get me sooner?!" I shout.

"Everyone in the ward tried." My father says quietly. He sighs and shakes his head, letting it hang down, "We didn't want you to see this if you didn't have to." Dad doesn't raise his head to look at me.

"Clear the room," I say shaking my head. "I'm going to heal you," I whisper to Draven and kiss his forehead, "Do you hear me?" He doesn't hear me.

I sanitize my hands before pressing them to his stomach. I close my eyes and focus all my attention on healing his scars. "Who did this?" I look over at my shoulder to see my dad still standing there, protectively watching Draven. "What does this message mean?"

"A hate group attacked him." Dad's voice is still small.

"Are they going to attack us?" My forehead creases.

"Who knows. I am increasing security on everyone until we can get some intel."

My powers have entered his system completely healing him from the laced arrows the healers caught me up on. Draven is one of the strongest men I know and there's no way anyone could have done this to him without using some type of sedative to subdue him. His color returns to his face and I carefully whisper, "Draven, can you hear me?"