Chapter 51: Moonbeam

Dela

One Week Prior to Chapter 50

I woke up feeling nauseous. My back hurts and my stomach hurts; my feet and head. It feels like I've come down with an illness but I have no fever or cough or stuffy nose. My entire body aches though, I attribute it to being pregnant but I woke up yesterday morning feeling as though I was run over by a horse the night prior. Draven gave me a massage but I only felt further uncomfortable. I can't stand anyone to touch me right now. I can't stand the smell of food either, I've already vomited twice. I've been crying for the last ten minutes for absolutely no reason and every other minute I am throwing the covers off because I'm hot and putting them back on because I'm cold. I can't find the right sleeping position for my nap. I didn't get any sleep last night thanks to the baby's incessant kicking. I feel like I have bruises on the inside of my stomach from it.

Draven is just getting out of the shower when I feel a weird sensation. "Draven," I call to him frantically. I grip my stomach in pain. "Draven!" I say louder.

He rushes over without a towel wrapped around his waist. "What's wrong?!"

"The baby," I groan. "Oh gods, it's the baby." The pain I'm feeling is indescribable.

"Let's go to the healing ward." He nods and places on pants.

I take a deep inhale and exhale. "It's too early for this baby to come," I attempt to get out of bed and wince as my feet hit the floor. I lean on the bed with my elbows and cry out.

"I think it might be fighting to come out." Draven sighs and rubs his hand on the back of his neck in frustration.

I shake my head frantically. "Too early!"

Draven scoops me in his arms and makes way towards the castle without a shirt on or shoes. "Either way we need to check this out."

I lean my head against his chest and cry holding my stomach. Draven is sprinting as we take the short trek to the castle. When it's in sight my pain only intensifies. "It hurts." I moan as we walk through the front doors.

"I'll be here through the entire thing. I'll get you help." Draven continues to rush towards the healing ward and his careful to move me minimally in his arms.

The healers take me in right away and Draven stays by my side as they wheel me into a private room. Edna is already there as if she could sense this was going to happen. Everyone is frantic around me causing me to feel overwhelmed and scared. "Tell someone to get my parents," I grab Draven's hand.

He nods and grabs one of the younger healers instructing her all of our plans.

"Edna," I look over at the blind old woman. "What do you see?"

"The child of white waits for no one." Her old, worn voice croaks without feeling.

I scream at the top of my lungs as another ripple of pain goes through me. The healers are taking off my pants to check me. Their murmuring doesn't sound good. My ears are ringing and everything around me is muffled. "Draven," I thrash from side to side as a healer tries to calm me down.

"Dela." He grabs my hand in his. "I'm right here."

The baby is coming fast and I can feel it. A heartbeat later the healer is telling me to push, so I bare down and push as hard as I can. I scream in pain. The process feels never ending. I push, take a breath, push, repeat. My body is shaking from the feeling that I am being ripped in two. My body is burning up and I break out into a sweat until...relief.

I sigh and lay back in the bed. Everything is quiet all I can hear is my rapid beating heart rate. I look over to Draven through the haze in my eyes. "Well?" I ask weakly trying to see where the baby has gone.