Chapter 28: Intruder

Dela

Two years have passed since he left. Two years I have slowly moved on only for him to come back and ruin my life. Two years spent healing and forgetting and training myself to forget him, to stop craving him. Two fucking years.

The dreams slowly stopped when I realized they made me more depressed than satisfied. I had my father invite Blaze over and we rekindled whatever it was we used to have. He's been obsessed with marriage lately and has talked to my father on multiple different occasions. The sex is good, I really like the sex, but I don't want to marry Blaze. He's been obsessed with sex lately which I love, but it's been getting strange. He refuses to finish anywhere else but inside me and every time I try to go for a tonic he distracts me or he'll bring me one himself. When Draven mentioned that we were 'trying' I knew then that I'm not delusional.

Draven being back is like a stab to my heart. There are so many memories and I hate him. I hate him for the juvenile love I felt for him. I feel so pathetic thinking of it now. It was never love, it was lust. He is a Hellhound, a madman, a sociopath with a twisted mind. Last night grabbing a glass of water further confirmed how completely insane he is. I can still feel the cold water trickling down my face and back. I can still feel his hips pinned to mine and his phantom touch on my skin.

I've been distracted ever since his homecoming and Blaze has been malicious always checking his watch. He's even checking it now as I lay naked in my bed and he sits on the couch.

"You're tracking my ovulation!" I shriek having figured it out.

"I...uh...no!" He huffs stubbornly.

"You want me to get pregnant!" I stand and cross my arms. "Blaze! What is wrong with you?!"

"I want kids, Dela. I want kids with you." He looks me straight in the eyes.

"I'm twenty-two years old!" I throw a pillow at him. "The tonics you brought me, are they fake?"

"I'm twenty-seven. I'm getting older. I think it's time." He says avoiding the question.

"You can still have children in your fucking seventies! Your sperm doesn't go bad! My eggs are still young and fresh, my clock isn't ticking yet, you stupid idiot!"

"I know I can, but I want them with you. Now is the perfect time. We are courting and stable, we should just get married."

I take a deep breath, "Are the tonics you bring me fake?" I ask through gritted teeth.

His eyes avoid mine. "So what do you say? Let's get married."

"How long have you been bringing me fake tonics?!" I shout.

"Is that a yes?" His face is turning red.

"Sterling!" I lean over him and grip his shirt. "Answer me!"

"You first!" He says childishly.

"Oh my gods above," I run my hands through my hair. "I have to go to healers. If you got me pregnant, I will have my father kill you in the most painful way possible."

"No, don't! You'll ruin all my hard work." Blaze groans.

I start to put on my clothes. "I can't believe you."

"Is it so bad for me to want to marry my girlfriend? Have some kids with her?"

I storm out the door and head down to the healers for a pregnancy test. I'm fuming with anger and also with embarrassment. Luckily for me I can give myself a test so no one will have to know, gods forbid my parents or siblings find out. I can't believe I trusted Blaze. I shouldn't have to worry about taking fake tonics. I certainly shouldn't worry about a baby at twenty-two while I'm unmarried. After taking the test, I look at the results.