Chapter 47: Matrimony

Draven

The wedding is something simple. Rushed even considering we only had a week to gather thoughts on exactly what we wanted. Petunia, the old wedding planner, went a little more overboard than we expected. Outside near the rose garden there is a sea of white. White curtains are held up and draped over the area shielding the guests seating from the harsh sun King Raidyn has bestowed on us today. There is a gathering of white petals on the grass leading up to the altar where the trellis is decorated with vines and white roses. The trees overhead have string lights hanging from them for when it starts to get darker along with candles ready to lit. There are no more than twenty rows of chairs. Only the people most important to us are invited. Dela's bridesmaids stand to the left of me. It consists of Celeste, Sera, Wynnie and Harlow. Although she hasn't forgiven her sisters, which I seriously disagree with, her parents thoughts that she should include them. The group of them are all wearing unique dresses that are varying shades of navy.

Though Dela and Blaze had a falling out I decided to make him a groomsmen. I would've made him my best man if not for his history with my fiancée that would make his toast a little too fiery for my liking. I wanted no problems today. We didn't need any issues since the archer is still out there to worry about.

My tuxedo is classic and grey with a tie that matches the colors of the flowers. The groomsmen; Cassius, Blaze, Riesner, and Casden are all in grey as well with scattering hues of blue ties. Dela's brothers are my groomsmen for the day considering I'm fairly close with Ries too and we incorporated her sisters so we had to make it even.

Dela comes into view as she starts her walk down the aisle with her father on her arm. My eyes focus on her. Her dress is large making it so her bump is unnoticeable to those invited who don't know. The dress is off the shoulder, the sleeve material going a little past her elbow. Her shoulders are exposed along with her collarbones and smooth slender neck. The neckline is a heart shape and is fitting to her breasts then poofing out at her stomach. The gown is long and drags on the floor, a gathering of white material from the dress trailing behind her. Her dark hair is beautifully contrasted with her white gown. Half of her hair is pinned up as her princess cross sits above her head and a veil covers her face.

"You know this will make you a prince now." Cassius's mutters to me.

I shake my head and smile. I can't take my eyes off of Dela or even move my thoughts to what he remarked to respond. My entire mind has been taken over of how beautiful she looks, even if marriage is still something I have my doubts about.

It all happens so quickly, yet I feel like time has slowed as I recite the words that bind my soul to hers forever. Dela says them so freely, with a natural ease. I try to mimic her when it's my turn, but I still feel like I'm reluctantly forcing the words out. I love Dela and I want to be with her forever, but I can't escape the discontent I feel on the concept of marriage. To be married is to be stuck and it takes away from loving a person. Just because Dela and I weren't married doesn't mean I loved her any less before now and I won't love her any more after this. I could've done without ever being married, but I do this for her and our family. No one wants to grow up a bastard in this realm.

Our reception is located under the white tents following the ceremony, as with every royal wedding today is an all day affair. Dela and I greet our guests and I return to our table for a drink of water and a break from the socializing while she continues; Dela is built for the life of a royal socialite, I'm not. I'm starting to lose my voice already.

I down a glass of water and sit in the chair alongside Ries. He seems moody as if he's brooding. I play with the sweat on the glass and wait for him to speak up.