Chapter 26: New Sensations

Arden

Ever since I admitted to Lachlan that I never had sex my confidence has taken a hit. Months have passed and very seldomly I've seen Evolet. Maybe I've been avoiding her. She's been coming to my kingdom very sparsely. She goes home on occasion and when she's here, I take her on a date and I kiss her and that's usually it.

Today Evolet is coming to visit again and after the way I left things a month ago, I know she is going to confront me. Who wouldn't? I'm not making any advancement and she probably thinks I don't like her or that I'm gay. I thought my kisses could be enough and for a while they were, but I know she—like everyone—has basic primal needs. Something I seem to be lacking.

In my twin brothers chambers I lay in his bed staring at the ceiling. "What do I do? Should I break up with her?" I guess breaking up with her would mean I'm courting her which I'm not. What's going on between her and I isn't official, though it feels like it sometimes.

"I mean, sure...but also...why would you? Don't you really like her? Are you sure you'd rather blow this than tell her the truth." Lachlan sits down next to me.

I rub my face. "I do like her. What if she doesn't like the truth? What if I'm asexual?"

"Well someone out there will accept it and love you for you. If she doesn't she's just not the right person. I know this is kind of a personal question, but have you gone through puberty yet? Like fully?"

I sit up and look at him strangely. "What are you talking about? Of course I have, I'm eighteen years old!"

"Well...I thought maybe you could just be a really late bloomer. Considering your power just developing and all maybe it's coming soon."

I narrow my eyes at him. "You think?"

He nods his head slowly, "Sometime after my power came through I went through puberty and we are twins so it's probably the same with you. You just got the stronger power so your baby needs more time."

I scrunch my forehead. "Should I talk to a healer or something about this?"

"I would if I were you. You have been feeling so down on yourself and ruining your relationship over this so I think it's worth talking to someone about."

"This is so degrading," Arden groans. "It's unheard of!"

"But what if it's really not- what if the healers can actually help?" Lachlan tilts his head.

"Can I use my powers on myself? Get me a mirror."

"Arden, go or I'll drag you there. Evolet will be arriving any hour now."

"Can you take me there anyways?" I scratch the back of my neck.

"Of course." Lachlan's smiles and hops off of his bed.

After a lengthy assessment, Lachlan's theory was right. They described in full and told me that I needed extra help for my maturity. They told me to come to the healers and take a tonic they whipped up especially for my case, once a day.

"This better work," I mumble to my twin as I drink the green liquid.

"There you go." Lachlan encourages. He places a finger to his lips, "I wonder what that stuff would do to me."

I shove him. "Will you leave? Go fuck your girlfriend or something."

"Speaking of, Evolet is probably here by now." He sticks his tongue out at me.

Heading into the foyer Lachlan was right again. Evolet is just walking through the main door, the chambermaids carrying her suitcases to her chambers.