Chapter 3

I had woken up to the sound of birds chirping outside and a strip of light shining in through my window.

I stretched my arms out, yawning as I grabbed my phone. I looked at my messages and noticed Griff had texted me a few minutes ago.

Griff
______

I made breakfast. Eat before Bryce and Josh inhale it all.

K

I quickly changed out of my oversized hoodie and put on a wired bra and an oversized t-shirt, leaving my shorts on. I grabbed my phone and walked downstairs to the kitchen, waving to Griff tiredly. There was a plate of pancakes on the table with Griff at the stove, cooking more pancakes.

I grabbed a plate, placing two pancakes on it. I poured some maple syrup on them and topped my pancakes with some strawberries. It's the only way to eat pancakes.

"Morning Em, how'd you sleep?" Griff asked, flipping some pancakes.

"Oh, I slept pretty good," I replied, taking a bite of my food.

"That's good."

I scrolled through TikTok until I finished my food. I placed my dishes in the sink and sat back at the table.

"Morning guys," Ant said, walking over to the fridge and grabbing a drink.

"Good morning," I said, looking up.

I saw Tayler walking into the kitchen and immediately looked back at my phone screen, blushing furiously. Shit I hope no one notices.

"Em..are you blushing?" Ant teased, looking at me.

"It's probably because Tayler over here kissed her last night," Bryce said, walking behind me.

I felt my face get warmer, and I knew that I was blushing even more, super embarrassed.

"Bryce shut the fuck up!" Tayler scolded in a rushed tone.

"What, woah..you guys kissed?" Griff asked, clearly not impressed.

"Uhm.." Emma, say something! Ughh.

"Oh, I'm going to kill you, dude. I told you to stay away from my sister, asshole!" Griff yelled.

Ha started walking towards Tayler, which made me get up off my chair and defend Tayler.

"Woah, hey, calm down, Griff," I said, standing in front of Tayler, placing my hands in front of me to stop Griff from walking closer.

"What are you doing?" Griff sighed at me.

"I wanted to kiss him.." I said shyly, not making eyecontact with Griff to hide myself from the embarrassment.

He glared at me, clearly not impressed with what I had just said.

"So, Tayler, you like my sister, huh?"

I didn't want to be a part of the conversation, so I darted upstairs to my room once again. I laid on my bed and turned on my TV. I decided on one of my favourite movies, The Craft, and got comfy on my bed.