chapter nine

"mommy, can i go to wooyoungie's house? pleeease!?" hongjoong dragged out to his mother who was sitting on the couch, watching some soap opera she'd been watching for years now.

"joongie, it's a wednesday. don't you boys have homework?" she asked, confused.

hongjoong didn't know how to reply to his mother. "well, um... w-we w-wanna do ou-o--"

"did wooyoung get a new toy, baby?" she paused her show, giving her son a knowing look.

"maybe..." hongjoong whispered as he rocked back and forth in front of his mom.

"ok, you can go." hongjoong began jumping up and down, but his party was cut short, "but not for too long, i want you home for dinner."

hongjoong nodded his head vigorously. "that's ok mommy!"

"ok, go get your stuff." she told her son, who quickly sprinted up the stairs to get his flamingo plushie. "you're bringing mihi?"

"yes! she's my newest plushie, and wooyoung got a new one so we wanted to play with them. yeosangie is bringing his newest plushie too!" hongjoong screamed in excitement.

"that's sweet, joongie." his mother smiled. "jongho, i'll be right back." she called out to her oldest son before walking out of the door, holding hongjoong's hand in her own.

during the whole car ride, hongjoong couldn't contain his excitement. he really wanted to play with his friends, especially since there was a new toy involved in the hangout.

once arriving to wooyoung's house, hongjoong jumped out of the car and began sprinting towards the door.

"wait!" his mother called to him, making hongjoong spin around quickly. "i will text you when to be ready, probably six thirty, ok?" she asked and hongjoong gave her a thumbs up.

hongjoong ran up to wooyoung's bell and began ringing it. not even ten seconds later, a jittery wooyoung and smiling yeosang came to the door. "hongjoongie! you're here!" wooyoung exclaimed, giving hongjoong a big hug.

"hi guys!" hongjoong said as he walked into the house. "hi mrs. jung!" hongjoong waved at wooyoung's mom who was locking the door behind them.

"hi honey." she said sweetly to the small boy. "would you guys like any snacks?"

"no time for snacks mommy! we have to play, we have to we have to we have to! right now!!!" wooyoung jumped up and down, grabbing both his best friend's hands and running up the main staircase.

once the boys got into wooyoung's room, they saw the toy on wooyoung's bed. "wow, he's so cool!" hongjoong said as he picked up the gorilla plushie in front of him.

"i know right! but i don't have a name for him! i can't decide, should it be joonie? binnie? maybe cha--"

"you should name it jongie." yeosang softly said, the other boys turn their heads to the older. "because gorilla's are big and strong, and so is jongho." the boy began blushing at the thought of his crush.

"wait, that's actually a good idea!" hongjoong exclaimed, "and it makes it even better that it would be named after my brother!"

"yes! i love that idea! thank you thank you thank you!" wooyoung attacked yeosang in a huge hug, knocking the boy down.

"come on guys, let's play!" hongjoong waved the boys onto wooyoung's queen sized bed, playing there since it was big enough for them to all sit with their toys.

"what should the story line be? we have my gorilla, joongie's flamingo, and sangie's squirrel..." wooyoung looked up in thought as a great idea popped into hongjoong's head.

"i know! we should have jongie bully sungie, and then mihi sees it and yells at jongie!" hongjoong smiled.

a lightbulb went off in yeosang's head. "and then, mihi should have a crush on sungie!"

"perfect! ok, i'll start," wooyoung picked up his gorilla plushie and faked a deep voice for his character, "hey, sungie! i don't like you! you're stupid and ugly and you have no friends!" wooyoung tried his best to come up with the best insults he could. he was a very sweet boy, so it was tough for him to think of anything bad to say.

"no i'm not!" yeosang timidly responded in a slightly high pitched voice, "i'm smart. and my mommy says i'm beautiful. i have a lot of friends!"

"imaginary friends aren't real friends, sungie!" wooyoung insulted yeosang's plushie and hongjoong began frowning. the conversation the toys were having reminded him of what seonghwa was telling him.

again, it's childish. you should try to make some real friends rather than having ones you sew together.

when seonghwa said this, it hurt hongjoong a lot. he did have real friends, the two boys in front of him. but stuffed animals made him happy. he shouldn't be ashamed of them, but seonghwa made it hard for him to enjoy what he was doing at the moment.

"joongie, that's you cue!" wooyoung exclaimed, shaking hongjoong out of his thoughts. he saw that wooyoung's gorilla plushie was about to beat up yeosang's squirrel plushie, and he needed to save the day.

"sorry guys, um..." hongjoong began to think of what his toy should say back, "hey, stop it! jongie, don't hurt sungie... i love him!" hongjoong replied in a very high pitched voice, having his flamingo pull wooyoung's gorilla off yeosang's squirrel.

"wait, you love me?" yeosang turned the squirrel to look at hongjoong's flamingo.

"yes, i do. i was scared to say it, but i want to date you!" hongjoong admitted, forgetting his previous thoughts of seonghwa and his bullying.

"well, i love you too!" yeosang had his toy kiss hongjoong's toy on the lips, "will you date me?"

"of course i will!" hongjoong had the flamingo give the squirrel a big hug.

their playdate got interrupted when they heard wooyoung's mother call from downstairs. "boys, i made chocolate chip cookies!"

"yay, cookies!" wooyoung sprung up and began running towards the door. the other two boys looked at each other and smiled widely, grabbing their toys and following wooyoung down the stairs for a tasty snack.

i know hongjoong posted this yesterday but like... let me cry ok!!! he's so fricken precious. i wanna squeeze those cheeks!!!😖😖

 i wanna squeeze those cheeks!!!😖😖

-vic